• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My client is using Sumtotal

Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if anyone knows the publish settings for uploading a project from Adobe Captivate to SumTotal's LXP? I appreciate any help you can provide.
TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

OK.  Well this is a somewhat different issue.

From what you are showing here. your LMS does support SCORM 2004 but the message you are getting relates to it not liking the Document Mode. Captivate is publishing HTML5 content and your LMS is expecting HTML4 or similar so that IE9 users could view it.

But is your organisation really still using Internet Explorer version 9?  If so, then nobody using that browser version is going to be able to view your Captivate content because IE9 is not HTML5

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of SCORM are they using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe SCORM1.2.They said only "old version". They have been using it for decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a very specific answer, but I would agree that this is likely to be SCORM 1.2.  However, I recently worked for a client that had SumTotal and it was able to support SCORM 2004 so it is worth asking about the specific version because that will affect your settings in the Captivate project.  If you CAN use SCORM 2004 it would be better because it doesn't suffer from the Resume Data memory limitation that makes SCORM 1.2 courses limited in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the immediate reply. And I also immediately tried uploading in 2004.
The same display appears in both 1.2 and 2004 this time. Do you know the countermeasures for this display?スクリーンショット (111).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Well this is a somewhat different issue.

From what you are showing here. your LMS does support SCORM 2004 but the message you are getting relates to it not liking the Document Mode. Captivate is publishing HTML5 content and your LMS is expecting HTML4 or similar so that IE9 users could view it.

But is your organisation really still using Internet Explorer version 9?  If so, then nobody using that browser version is going to be able to view your Captivate content because IE9 is not HTML5 compatible. 

If IE9 is NOT your default browser version (which I strongly suspect) then you need to go back to your LMS people and ask them what they need to do in order to make your LMS HTML5 compatible.  This would certainly require some kind of adjustment in the server settings or even perhaps the templates that SumTotal is using.  There is absolutely NO reason why any organisation nowadays should be mandating support for IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to your advice, I understood why this case occered.

And I was able to recognize that users have to contact Sumtotal in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources