• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My demo software simulation recordings are suddenly not working

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I inadvertently changed something I shouldn't have, but whenever I try to record a software simulation demo (for an app that runs in a browser window), I only get a 3 second slide with the end result. It doesn't matter where I click/type or how long I actually record.

Any ideas? I'm using Captivate 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing Video Demo or a slide-by-slide capture session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some applications running not on the system but from the web, do not work well with software simulations. You will have to force manual screenshots and probably have to add instructions manually. Which mode did you use, demo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, if I captured anything using the Software Simulation option, it recorded every screen change. Now I only get slides where I actually click Print Screen. This worked well in Captivate 9, but has since quit, and also not working in 2017. What, if anything, has changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monica,

Seems want to create Video demo instead of software simulation.

Software simulation will always gives you screen capture and add the mouse movements and captions depending upon recording type you have selected.

For a full Fletch video please go to File>Record New> Video Demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. The first time I used software simulation in 2019 it worked well. Every other time afterwards I only see bits and pieces of the simulation.

Does this have anything to do with the cache files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows do you launch Captivate with 'Run as Admininstrator' turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate license is for a corporation and IT has administrative privileges locked down; I am unable to run the program as an administrator without a login of course. What does running it in admin vs. normal user allow? Also, Captivate is being ran on a virtual machine (thin client) and all cache files are being stored remotely. Captivate actually gives an error message saying that cache files cannot be stored to a remote location. Do the cache files need to be stored locally? (not sure how to accomplish this in a virtual climate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially for cpaturing Run as Admoininstrator is a requirement, which doesn"t mean full Admin rights at all.

But having the cache files stored on a remote drive is certainly a possible case of your problems as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed.  By not launching Captivate with Run As Administrator privileges, AND running it on a virtual PC setup where cache files are on a server somewhere, you've installed Captivate in a way that it was never designed to work.  I'm surprised it functions at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue months ago and figured out why this happens when I work at office and not when I work from home (using remote desktop connection via vpn).  It turns out that this has to do with dual screen displays (2 monitors).   If you have extended screen display from one monitor to another, Adobe Captivate (2017) will only capture the last screen of your recording no matter how many screens you have clicked through in the recording process. If you just have one monitor, or your second monitor mirrors the main monitor, you will not have such issue.  I hope this will answer your question, and let me know if it works for you. 

--Tianzhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing when I had the monitors extended on top of each other but not when they are side by side.

I didn't have any problems with Windows 7 and Captivate 9 but have upgraded to Windows 10 and Captivate 64 bit. Both Captivate 9 and 2019 now have the same issue. I initially had a message it didn't like the HD screen. IDS are trying to solve it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure both monitors are using exactly the same screen resolution if you are going to capture from a secondary monitor.  For example, if you are using a laptop with a 1920 x 1080 screen resolution with a secondary monitory that has a higher resolution (e.g. 4k) then reduce the larger monitor to match exactly the resolution of the smaller one.  That often resolves capture issues.  

If that does not work, then unplug the secondary monitor and just capture with the main monitor on your PC.  You can plug the other monitor back in after you do the capture when you want to edit the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok resoltion is the same 1900 x 1080 and it works when they are side by side, but not on top of each other, which is better than unplugging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources