• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My "Link" function for texts has disappeared?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FreeDigitalArtist_0-1712563508844.png

My "Link" function for texts has disappeared? 

I had a Windows update two days ago, and I don't know if that's the reason. In any case, I can no longer link highlighted text with anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the screenshot I detect that you are NOT using version 12, but I would like to see the exact version number you are using. You find it under Help, About Captivate. Full number please. I am also a Win user, have a system with Win10 and one with Win11, with CP versions 11.5 and 11.8. Tha may allow me to double-check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CpC - Adobe Captivate Classic (Update 11.8.2) with Windows 11 Insider Preview 26100.1 (ge_release).

I know that last Friday I was still able to insert links. I have no idea why it's not working now.

If I open a new file in CP (Captivate, presumably), then it works. Of course, I'm currently trying to continue working on a file I've been working on for a while. As I said, it was working a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very buggy release... and you are on sort of a Win prerelease.. Maybe that combi is not very safe.

It looks suspiciously like you are betting a corrupt project, since it is not happening for a new project. Can you try to copy/paste such a troublesome slide to a new project where you use the same theme as in the original project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FreeDigitalArtist

have you tried to highlight the concerning text section you want to link and press right mouse button to access the context menu? There should be a command: "Insert Hyperlink".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources