Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My videos are not running in the iPad app

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have created a non-responsive course that runs well on the iPad app except for one slide. I have three 30 second or less videos on that slide. Only one loads and it is slow on my iPad (although it ran better on someone else's iPad).

Does anyone have suggestions about how to fix this?

Kris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put each video on a separate slide and jump to that slide from buttons or links on the first one.  Your issue is probably due to the device trying to load all three videos before beginning playback.  Splitting them up might give better performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Rod's reply, if those videos are being delivered from a server without 'video streaming' capabilities, then the performance is very dependent on the size of those videos and the 'speed' of the device's connection.

Far better to deliver video via a streaming service where possible. The easiest solution for that is to setup a private channel on YouTube or Vimeo and integrate the videos from those services into the piece, either using the YouTube widget or the WebObject widget.

The downside is, its then very difficult to time anything to those videos...and if you have any concerns about YT/Vimeo licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources