• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Responsive Projects - Issues with Audio and Text Re-sizing

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not new to Captivate but haven't created any responsive projects until now. I'm unsure if this is the reason for my problems or not, but suspect it could be, for the text at least. 

First, my audio quality is incredibly poor. I recorded and edited in Audition and then imported the narration on each slide. It sounds great in Audition, in the mp3 file itself, and used to sound good in preview. When published and previewed it is very poor quality - almost an echo, more robotic and tinny sounding. I have imported audio in this manner for all other projects with no issues. My Captivate is up to date. 

Second, when I publish or preview, I'll have random text captions that will display at a different size than in the original project. If I have mutliple text captions per slide, one or two will display as much smaller than the others, and it's not always the same text each time I view it. I always view on desktop.

Any ideas on how to improve audio quality or ensure that the text displays appropriately each time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the audio: did you import mp3 files instead of wav files? Do not do that, because Captivate works best with raw wav files for any editing, and will compress them to mp3 on publishing. What were your audio publish settings? 

Which workflow did you use for the responsive projects: Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint views? Look at a comparison in this older blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-or-breakpoint-views

From the issues mentioned I suspect the fluid boxes have not been set up correctly (if you used that workflow) or you didn't setup the Position Properties correctly for the Breakpoints (if having used that workflow).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for linking that article. That did the trick. I switched to Breakpoint Mode and everything went as expected. 

My audio is in a wav format, sorry for that confusion. My audio settings are below: 

daniellej62668889_0-1634925397653.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very high settings (large file resulting). Still not sufficient? Do you expect all the learners to have devices that do require those settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing you need to be aware of is that Captivate's ideal bit rate for imported WAV file audio is quite specific.  It needs to be 16 bit PCM and not 24 or 32 bit.  So, check the settings that you are using to export your audio from the editing app you were using.  Sometimes developers think that using the higher settings will get them better audio, and normally it would, but Captivate can choke on anything higher than 16 bit.  Usually it won't even let you import the audio unless it is in the correct format.  But check anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources