• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No HIGH FIDELITY option when importing .ppt. Error while importing .pptx

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Captivate 2019 (on Windows) and recently I had to create a project from a PowerPoint presentation. I used: .ppt and .pptx.
In case of .pptx I get a communicate: “Unable to import Microsoft PowrPoint presentation. The file may be damaged” – I tried on various presentations, even some simple and short ones with no success.
In case of .ppt there is no HIGH FIDELITY option.
I also tried to create a Responsive PowerPoint Project, because I’ve learned from Adobe Help Center, that it uses high fidelity by default, but this was with no success as well.
I went through the posts on this forum, but I still don’t have a clue what might be wrong…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

High fidelity is used for PPTX projects and support the newer graphics and animation types that newer versions of PowerPoint utilize. You must have PowerPoint installed on your system in order to import PowerPoint slides. Coincidentally Adobe released a video today that is partly on this process that you might find useful. Check this out.

https://youtu.be/QXJkUTFpHUc 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources