• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing is showing

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open adobe captivate, the main part of the screen is empty. I can see the film strip, but nothing in the middle section, the area where I actually have to do the work. I'm not sure what's going on. Can someone help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

@kdmemory You seem to ignore that you can watch a Preview from any screenshot without downloading.

@Necee  You are on a Mac system. I wonder if the version you are using is compatible with your present iOS. If it is Big Sur, you need to download the most recent version, which needed to be created when that iOS was released, because it broke the functionality of multiple applications, including Captivate. Please have a look at:

Update for Mac Users - Adobe Captivate 2019 Build for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) is here! - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the screen looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kdmemory You seem to ignore that you can watch a Preview from any screenshot without downloading.

@Necee  You are on a Mac system. I wonder if the version you are using is compatible with your present iOS. If it is Big Sur, you need to download the most recent version, which needed to be created when that iOS was released, because it broke the functionality of multiple applications, including Captivate. Please have a look at:

Update for Mac Users - Adobe Captivate 2019 Build for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) is here! - eLearning

That version was released in February 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I see where the issue is, now. I have to wait for the M1 version to come out. Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that will happen soon. It has been clearly stated that it is not compatile with M1. There are more applications in the same situation. Apple never cares about non-Mac apps.... which is a pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LilybiriSorry, I didn't know that with the Preview function. I thought the screenshot was added with the Insert/edit link button. I didn't even try to click it because I was too convinced of my wrong assumption.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Preview possibility was added several weeks ago. The screenshot was indeed added with the attachment, not with the Insert image.  Too many people have been complaining, I was amongst them because I don't want to have to download images. The Preview has some zoom features as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Necee

You should show us your screenshot by using the Insert Photo function in the toolbar above the post window. Nobody here likes to download the file and later has to get rid of it.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources