• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parsing entity name error when uploading to MLE

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting the error "an error occured while parsing EntityName. Line 91, position 25. "

Can anyone advise of what that means?  I have exported an XML file if that helps

Thanks you for any help you can provide

Steve 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask if your question is related to Captivate? You posted this in the Captivate forum, maybe wrongly.

MLE stands for Medical Laboratory Evaluation. Confused because that is not really related to eLearning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive me for any confusion, it is a captivate question and MLE for me, stands for managed learning environment, I assumed that woul dbe understood.  I am not an expert in these matters, I have written a very basic package using captivate and this is the error I am getting when trying to upload "an error occured while parsing EntityName. Line 91, position 25".  I have no idea what that means or how to fix it.  Any advice would be graefully recieved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about the spelling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English is probably not your native tongue, same as for me. Are you talking about uploading a published SCORM course from Captivate to a Learning Management System (LMS)? I just looked up MLE and that is not a LMS AFAIK.

Some LMSs only accept SCOs,  some also accept also zipped packages. I don't know the features of the LMS you are using? 

Did you publish to a SCO? That means that you should have set up Reporting under Quiz Preferences. The result of publishing after that setup will be a zipped folder including all the course files and those needed for a SCORM compliant LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I have published a zipped file and and I have been trying to upload under scorm 1.2 and scorm 2004 and am getting the same error. quiz is all set to report.  The LMS just will not accept it, the file is not big so it is not that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoud maybe add that the package all runs fine on the preview under captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your exported package is either SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004, just create a free account at SCORM.com and try uploading the package there.   

If the SCORM LMS accepts it without logging any errors, the the issue would appear to be with your own LMS, not the Captivate SCO.

This will not cost you anything and you should be able to get a result in just a few minutes of testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the more I am reflecting on this the more I am of the opinion it is the LMS.. I will give it a try

Best wishes

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try uploading the published course on SCORM Cloud. It is the standard for SCORM courses, and that check will prove whether the problem is with the course or with the LMS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources