Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to convert swf to html5

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Am in the process of converting courses and a few courses had exercises built out in separate captivate files. Those exercise files were attached to the main project as htm/swf combo. The orignal exercise files cannot be found and we are only left with the htm/swf combo.

Is it possible to convert those file types to html5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Not really.  The best way to convert Captivate projects for HTML5 is to work from the original CPTX files.  However if you have a playing SWF file then the only other option is to capture it as a video using a screencapture tool (e.g. Captivate or Camtasia) and insert it into another Captivate project as an MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really.  The best way to convert Captivate projects for HTML5 is to work from the original CPTX files.  However if you have a playing SWF file then the only other option is to capture it as a video using a screencapture tool (e.g. Captivate or Camtasia) and insert it into another Captivate project as an MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This is the route I had to go. Was hoping there was a magical software that could do it though.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this blog which has a Captivate project, to find out possible solutions, I also proposed to capture as video, and maybe convert to interactive video. However since you talk about a quiz project which is by definition highly interactive, this is not a solution in your case:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-for-survey-conversion-from-swf-to-html

I am afraid that the only solution is to recreate the quiz project from scratch. Unless you have still the GIFT file used for import? It is often my recommendation to keep quizzes in a text format like GIFT or CSV for direct import. It also helps when quiz slides fail in an upgrade because of changes in themes or other features.

Another solution could be to replace the multiscreen. html file by an edited index.html file, to force showing only the HTML version. There have been some answers in this forum in that sense, please try to google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lily! Ended up playing the file and screen capturing and rebuilding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You confused me with 'exercise files' which I thought to be very interactive or even quizzes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a software demo. Sorry, I'll try to be more descriptive next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really an exercise...very passive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources