• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter keeps asking for Flash Player update (Office 2016 / 365)

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Presenter is well installed, I can see the tab and everything seems to work fine.

But each time I click on the Publish button, a dialog box asks to update Flash Player before using this option.

Of course, I tried to update Flash player on every browser on my PC but still get this message.

I tried to install an old Office 2013 version and it worked but once I install Office 365 on top of it, it gets rid of Office 2013 and I Presenter does not work again.

Is Presenter 11.1 ok with Office 365 ?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have FP installed for IE and MS Edge. The publishing dialog will use one of those. If that doesn't work, you may need to reach out to the Connect Support team. Adobe Connect Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe Presenter 11.1 works fine with Office 2016.

Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 10 on the computer?

If the issue lies on Windows 10, then install Flash player for Internet explorer and make it as default browser. Restart the computer and then check the issue again.

If the issue is happening on Windows 7 computer, uninstall all versions of Flash player using this link Uninstall Flash Player for Windows  and then install Flash player for Internet explorer and make it as default browser. Restart the computer and check the issue again.

Regards,

Deep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as to supply some additional information.

Starting today 6/11, Presenter is giving the same adobe upgrade error on Windows 10 Build 1734.48. Checked for updates. Made sure flash was updated 30.0.0.113.

Flash is built into Windows 10 IE so its not a separate to install. Tried defaulting to IE, Chrome, Edge same error for all 3 browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue, using presenter 11.1 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Publish worked for  presentation at 9 am at 11 am the same presentation wouldn't publish without asking for Flash Player update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you pleas provide the build version of Microsoft PowerPoint installed on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Powerpoint is version 1805 (build 9330.2087)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem,

• I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit); have full admin rights on this machine,
  • I installed the flesh player on all browsers, and tested
  • IE (not Edge) is the default browser.
  • I tried  uninstall all flash plugin, then reinstall flash plugin again.. problem persist

not sure what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See EmilyLloyd   Jun 24, 2018 5:51 PM  above. She provides a temporary solution (that worked for me). However, it forces you to revert to a previous version of Office. So, Adobe really needs to address the problem, because it is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any secondary problems with this solution? Anyone who have tried this, could you please share your experience? The machine runs office with enterprise data mining plugin attached to Excel. I'm concern changing the office version will mess that one up. I need to make a training material for that software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, her post is from June 17th, 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have tried what you suggested above. I have upgraded Flash in my browsers, IE, Chrome, and Firefox, and set IE as default. Here is what I have done:

1. Laptop is Dell 7510, running Windows 7
  2. PowerPoint is 2016 version
  3. I have uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it on my system
  4. I have checked all three of my browsers (IE, Chrome, and FireFox) to ensure they are all allowing Flash
  5. My version of Flash is 32.0.0.101
  6. I have IE as my default web browser
  7. I am able to open the Manage Quizzes pop up and update items therein
  8. I am able to open Settings in Adobe Presenter and modify items therein
  9. Every time I click Publish, I get a message you will need to upgrade adobe flash player before using this option
  10. What more can I do?

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to Download and run the registry keys modification as stated in the previous post. It is an official script at Flash, Silverlight, and Shockwave controls blocked in Microsoft Office - Office Support .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found this item in another Adobe online forum:

Letter from Adobe re: this issue:

And if you are using Presenter 11.1, than we have come up with new build for Presenter 11.1, in which you need to uninstall Presenter 11.1 and install Presenter 11.1 from below link and you will be able to publish your projects.

https://adobe.ly/2NUV6CC<https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fna01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com%2F%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fadobe.ly%2F2NUV6CC%26data%3D02%257c01%257cadobecustomercare%2540adobe.com%257ca1664078c9054d75655108d5ecbfaa8a%257cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%257c0%257c0%257c636675230300360960%26sdata%3DZ05Rogkw2hIipgGdjwyrwxMD7HYKZBkQTPXR%2FZdmCak%253D%26reserved%3D0>

This worked for me immediately, and with no further incidents. Why is this not the first thing that is suggested when it is learned that someone is using Presenter 11.1?

Patrick Naillon | Blended Learning Developer, Global Education | Rosemount Measurement and Analytical

Emerson Automation Solutions | 6021 Innovation Blvd | Shakopee | MN | 55379

T + 952-204-4954

Patrick.Naillon@Emerson.com<mailto:Patrick.Naillon@Emerson.com>

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized copying of this message or unauthorized distribu­tion of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying every option people suggested in this thread - the Presenter update allowed me to publish but I couldn't change the theme still - same error.

This one worked! I enable the Flash reg keys and poof! everything worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All - I am having the same issue. I am on Windows 10, Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, Flash Player 30.0.0.113. I contacted Adobe Support via chat. They remote accessed into my computer and were not able to resolve the issue. We tried dialing back to Flash Player version 29, uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Presenter 11.1, messing with browser and other default settings, but none of those changes fixed it.

I was able to publish last week Wednesday, June 6th (last time I published anything), but not today (I didn't try to publish anything between now and then). I am wondering if it's the flash player update from June 7th that broke Presenter.

Anyway, Adobe support sent the bug over to the engineering team. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know. If you do find a fix, can you please share here? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem today.  Clicking on the buttons "Publish" or "Theme" led to the following error message:  "You will need to upgrade Adobe Flash Player before using this option".  I have not issue publishing up to 2 days ago.  Am on Windows 10 and Office 365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support,

Is anyone addressing this problem?  I have not been able to use my Adobe Presenter for the past week, but would need to urgently work on some teaching materials.  Pls help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this temporary work around from Adobe support and it worked for me. I did have to look up how to open an elevated (admin) command prompt, which is just right clicking on command prompt before you open it and selecting "Run as Administrator" from the choices.

Anyway, here is a temp fix: 

We have found work around please ask your IT to try and test if they can follow the below steps.

1: Launch Powerpoint and disable the Automatic Updates.  Once done Close Powerpoint.

File < Account < Update Options < Disable updates

2: Open an elevated Command Prompt window. At the command prompt, run the following command:

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

3: Now run the command

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.9001.2171

4: If a dialog box pops up click Online Repair(It may or may not pop up in some cases). The repair process take 10-15 minutes depending upon the network connection.

Note: This repair process re-enables automatic updates. To prevent the newest version of Office Click-to-Run from being automatically reinstalled, please disable the updates as shown in Step one once the repair is complete.

Once the above steps have been performed, Launch Presenter/Powerpoint and try to preview or publish. It should work fine as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

Thanks very much for the guided steps on a temp fix.  It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  This worked for me as well, thankfully.  I almost missed a very important deadline due to this stupid error!  Hopefully it continues to function.  Thanks again for the workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a godsend.  I'm not very computer savvy.  The fix worked like a charm once I figured out what an elevated command prompt was.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis fix gave me problems.  I do O.K. until I try to run:

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.9001.2171

It tells me that its a no go.  What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an elevated command prompt open? If you are not running an administrator command prompt, it may not like that command. Other thing I can think of is you might have a typo. I don't see one in what you've typed here, but spaces and everything need to be exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works good as a temporary fix. Is a more permanent solution coming soon? I noticed my Outlook login doesn't work with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources