• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter keeps asking for Flash Player update (Office 2016 / 365)

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Presenter is well installed, I can see the tab and everything seems to work fine.

But each time I click on the Publish button, a dialog box asks to update Flash Player before using this option.

Of course, I tried to update Flash player on every browser on my PC but still get this message.

I tried to install an old Office 2013 version and it worked but once I install Office 365 on top of it, it gets rid of Office 2013 and I Presenter does not work again.

Is Presenter 11.1 ok with Office 365 ?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emily, thank you so much. The work around has worked for me.

Did you receive any final correction for this issue?

Regards,

Jose Pacheco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works.... temporarily.

Adobe needs to address this and release a new patch for Adobe Presenter that works with the new versions of Office 356.  It is a shame that we need to purchase Presenter just so we have the ability to see thumbnails of our slides in Adobe Connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Windows 10. I am using the 30-day trial version of this to see if I prefer Presenter versus Nearpod versus Camtasia. It's not looking good for Presenter if Adobe doesn't quickly fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for weeks without any solutions, it's getting ridiculous; my colleague's machine is working but not in my machine, I have installed an update and anything except that suggestion to tinker with the version update. since this machine needs to run a BI software that needs the currently-installed version of MS Office.

It's Windows 7 Enterprise

I have admin rights on this machine

I'm running PowerPoint from Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (version 1805, build 9330.2118)

Adobe Presenter 11 is what I am trying to make it work

Of course, I have a working license key

IE is the default browser

I don't have Edge in the system

IE, Chrome, Firefox all have been tested and updated IE and Chrome anyway to the recent Flash plugin version

IE is the default browser

... and still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 18 July 2018

Was sitting with the IT support yesterday afternoon, trying to find a solution. We agreed not to mess up with the office update/version as it might affected other things. We tried to create a new user on the machine and fire up PowerPoint and Presenter 11 again, it works.

We are not sure why it solved the problem nor what caused it in the first place.. But it seems to be related to my user profile. Other person in the department did the same with me, but didn't get any problem. So we are not sure..

However the solution seems to be to rebuild the profile. Thankfully I work mostly on the cloud so I don't have munch to back up.

However I ended up deciding to reimaging the entire machine. Will check how it goes when I get to the office this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works for me as well.

Let me share more:  following EmilyLloyd 's quick-fix solution on disabling of update, I managed to work on and record a few sets of powerpoint slides.  But then something else happened, the fonts of the powerpoint slides got stretched out and blurred when rendered in Adobe Presenter and so I could not use Adobe Presenter again!  For a temp solution, I used an old PC notebook to prepare the Presenter files.  Very troublesome indeed.

After seeing your posting, I created a new user account on the regular PC notebook I use and the font issues in Adobe Presenter seem to be solved.  What's more, I had previously a recording problem with the voice recording software Audacity.  Now that too seems to be resolved when I use Audacity with this new user account or profile.

Thought I post these snippets of experience here for posterity until Adobe comes up with an update and permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good.  I just finished recording and completed another Adobe Presenter file with my new user profile.  I am also using Office 365 installed in my PC notebook.

Will report again if I next encounter any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.. it doesn't work.

Apparently, my institution subscribed to Office 365 and get updated monthly, and from June 2018 the recent update blocks the flash; and for some reason accessing the publish dialogue box pre-require a flash plugin; rendering the entire publish function not working.

And the one older machine left we have, will eventually find the same problem if it updated its Office 365. The only thing that stops it is probably because the operating system still runs the Windows 7 which the institution is phasing out support. so it doesn't get updated.

IT Support work all sort of work around and play with the registry, doesn't work.

This sounds like a very serious problem, wondering why not immediately fixed yet. isn't this rendering the Presenter completely not working? So even if we have its license we basically can't use it to publish. So I have to find other ways/apps to publish into a pdf.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone use iSpring Presenter? is that still working in the new Office 365?

Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, apparently Adobe doesn't care to respond or address this issue. I would've bought the full version of this had there been a legitimate fix, one that doesn't involve me fiddling with my Office 360 updates (that I pay for BTW). So the trial of this software really ended before it began.

Here's my recommendation: If you want to create interactive slide presentations (polls, collaboration elements, embedded Interactive content, etc.), and even import PPT slides, try out Nearpod. You'll be impressed with what you can do. I'll continue to produce screen capture and narrated presentations with Camtasia, upload those to YouTube, and then embed that in my Nearpod presentations. I was hoping Presenter might be another option, but if it won't work with Windows 10 and Office 2016 then what good is it really?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue (again). This bug has occurred before in Presenter 9 for me! When I upgraded to Presenter 11, I was told this would solve the issue (which I was told was most likely caused by system incompatibility issues) -- but it seems like Adobe hasn't figured out how to run Flash without it operating on its own now that it has been incorporated into the internet browser platforms entirely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe Support:

And if you are using Presenter 11.1, than we have come up with new build for Presenter 11.1, in which you need to uninstall Presenter 11.1 and install Presenter 11.1 from below link and you will be able to publish your projects.

https://adobe.ly/2NUV6CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was successful for our users currently on the July monthly update of Office 2016.  Thank you for provided the updated build!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this solved the problem of publishing being blocked by the error, as I am now able to publish; my project is not publishing accurately. For example, and most troublesome, is that a number of the hyperlinks are not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days later and a Flash Player update and the original fix provided by Adobe Support (through the link) no longer works. I just don't understand because BOTH programs (Flash and Presenter) are Adobe programs...why is Adobe not ensuring that their Flash updates are compatible with their Presenter functionality?? I cannot publish the projects I am working on, this issue is costing my company literally thousands of dollars. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we have a production in the pipeline and we are caught off guard with the sudden problem so there is no slack in the project to wait for this. Adobe doesn't look like getting any closer to a solution either. I'm diverting whichever can be diverted to other solution. Our Adobe support and IT support can't find the solution either; they can replicate the problem in other machines but no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know when they come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem, thanks. Can now use Office 365 with Presenter (as long as I run Presenter as administrator -- which has been the case before the Flash problem arose). I just wish that Adobe would have been more responsive. This problem was first documented on the forum in June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Presenter using the link supplied by Shillis, but now I am "back to square one" after Presenter told me to update Flash. Within the last two weeks Flash has gone from 113 to 134... And updating Flash (just now) did not remove the warning from Presenter: "You will need to upgrade Adobe Flash Player before using this option."

Presenter is a dead duck if Adobe cannot manage the dependencies among its products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify my last post:  I can changed the Settings and I can publish, but I cannot change the Theme. The irony is that my presentations do not use Flash, but yet I am tied to a dependency involving Flash.

I create an HTML5 representation of the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is distressing that the original post was June 11th and it has not yet been resolved by Adobe. I applied the workaround (i.e., reverting to a previous version of Office and turning off auto updates), but that leaves me vulnerable to "other things" (that the updates are trying to address). It highlights the risks associated with coupling a product to that of another vendor. Those days, I believe, are rapidly disappearing because "versions" are hardly versions when they can change "in the middle of the night". It may be that Presenter's days are numbered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

Please address this issue as it is still a problem after Office 2016's July updates as well.  We have attempted several different versions of Flash Player, all of which are above the requirement of Adobe Flash 10.  With Office being a more widely used application, the security risks of now remain current are very large.  It is for this reason, we have not reverted our users to and outdated/unsecure version as requested for a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run CMD as Administrator and paste this :

If running Office 2016 32 bits on Windows 64 bits :

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

If running Office 2016 64 bits or Office 2016 32 bits on Windows 64 bits :

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did work for me.  Thanks much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run CMD as Administrator and paste this :

If running Office 2016 32 bits on Windows 64 bits :

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

If running Office 2016 64 bits or Office 2016 32 bits on Windows 64 bits :

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "Indicateurs de compatibilité" /t reg_dword /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility\{233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258}" /v "ActivationFilterOverride" /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources