• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter keeps asking for Flash Player update (Office 2016 / 365)

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Presenter is well installed, I can see the tab and everything seems to work fine.

But each time I click on the Publish button, a dialog box asks to update Flash Player before using this option.

Of course, I tried to update Flash player on every browser on my PC but still get this message.

I tried to install an old Office 2013 version and it worked but once I install Office 365 on top of it, it gets rid of Office 2013 and I Presenter does not work again.

Is Presenter 11.1 ok with Office 365 ?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent 4hrs on this with support today. What I got from support is a temporary fix is to rollback Office 2016/365 to an earlier build, Version 1801 (Build 9001.2171). Follow the steps from the below link they worked. Support disabled all my non-Microsoft services and startup programs after which the update would never download. I turned everything back on and followed Microsoft's steps and everything is working. I don't know how long I will be allowed to be out of compliance with our updates before someone from IT makes noise about it, but everything is working now.

Temporary Fix

Step 1: Set a reminder to enable automatic updates at a future date

Before you revert an Office Click-to-Run installation, you should disable automatic updates. To make sure that you don't miss future updates, set a reminder to manually check for future versions. When a new version becomes available, and if the new version doesn't exhibit the same issue that you experienced earlier, you should re-enable automatic updates.

Create a reminder to re-enable automatic updates. You can do this in Microsoft Outlook, on Outlook.com, or by using another application that has a calendar.

For more information about Office Click-to-Run updates, see the following articles:

Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run update

Step 2: Install the previous version of Office Click-to-Run

To install the previous version of Office Click-to-Run, follow these steps:

1. Determine and note the previous version number. Use the following Microsoft website to find the update version that is previous to the current versionMicrosoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run update
  2. Determine the bit level of the operating system. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    827218 How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
  3. Open an elevated Command Prompt window. To do this, click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. At the command prompt, run one of the following commands:

For an Office 2016 installation:
    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun 
    Tips On 64-bit version of Windows, you can install Office 32-bit or Office 64-bit. However, 32-bit is more compatible. For more information, see Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office
  5. Run the following command:

For Office 2016
    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.9001.2171  
  6. When the repair dialog box appears, click Online Repair.
  7. Click Repair, and then click Repair again.

Note If you are prompted to activate Office again, enter your Microsoft account and password. This step does not add your computer to your account a second time.

Step 3: Disable automatic updates for Office Click-to-Run

This step is very important. The repair process re-enables automatic updates. To prevent the newest version of Office Click-to-Run from being automatically reinstalled, follow these steps:

1. Start Outlook.
  2. Click File, and then click Office Account.
  3. In the Product Information column, click Update Options, and then click Disable Updates.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me, but is there a way to get notified when this is fixed??  I don't want to leave my updates turned off indefinitely.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In mid-July I was sent a the following via e-mail from Adobe Support.

Presenter keeps asking for Flash Player update (Office 2016 / 365)

created by shillis in Adobe Presenter - View the full discussion

From Adobe Support:

And if you are using Presenter 11.1, than we have come up with new build for Presenter 11.1, in which you need to uninstall Presenter 11.1 and install Presenter 11.1 from below link and you will be able to publish your projects.

https://adobe.ly/2NUV6CC

Two users responded that this solution worked for them, so I tried it today.  I uninstalled Presenter v11.0 and used the link to obtain v11.1.  Currently, Presenter works in Trial mode, but when I try to add my product key, I receive a message that "the serial number is not valid for Adobe Presenter 11.0."  [I entered the number by cut-and-paste from my Adobe account, so I'm confident it's correct. I also tried using the second key I was provided when I purchased the product ... same result.]

I contacted Adobe Support was told that my version 11.0 product key will not work for version 11.1 (even though the error message was that my serial number was not valid for version 11.0). The representative encouraged me to install v11.0 [again] so I can use my product key, and use the temporary fix to force PowerPoint back to an older version (presumably this would be the same fix as worked before).  When I asked whether I needed to upgrade to v11.1, I didn't get a helpful answer.  Out of curiosity, I looked to see what it would cost to upgrade.   According to the Adobe web page, you can only upgrade from v10.0.  To me, that implies that there's no cost associated with transitioning from v11.0 to 11.1.  Anyhow, I'm stymied.  The support representative wrote, "I will follow up with my team on this and share an update with you" which doesn't seem like much of an answer. Hopefully the answer will come within the 29 days I have left on my "free trial" of v11.1.  It's beyond my understanding why they can't/won't invalidate my old product key and issue a new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get chat support to issue me a new S/N for 11.1. I am not sure if having the TCS as part of our volume licensing agreement helped that conversation or not but it was painless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe e-mailed me a serial key for version 11.1 today. I greatly appreciate their responsiveness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current support article received from Adobe Support today is:

Please follow the below steps for below issue

Cause: The issue is caused due to the latest version of Microsoft Click to Run 16.0.9330.2078/ Office 1805 Update or later.

Resolution: To resolve the above error please follow the below steps.

1: Launch Powerpoint and disable the Automatic Updates.  Once done Close Powerpoint.

2: Open an elevated Command Prompt window. At the command prompt, run the following command:

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

3: Now run the command

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.9001.2171

4: If a dialog box pops up click Online Repair(It may or may not pop up in some cases). The repair process take 10-15 minutes depending upon the network connection.

Note:  This repair process re-enables automatic updates. To prevent the newest version of Office Click-to-Run from being automatically reinstalled, please disable the updates as shown in Step one once the repair is complete.

Once the above steps have been performed, Launch Presenter/Powerpoint and try to preview or publish. It should work fine as expected.

------

ie no they still haven't it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fix that worked for me, ymmv.  I am using Presenter 10 and had this problem occurring on old and out of the box newly imaged machines. It turns out that Microsoft is now blocking Adobe Shockwave, Flash, and Silverlight in Office.    Downloading and running the registry keys at Flash, Silverlight, and Shockwave controls blocked in Microsoft Office - Office Support  allowed the publish window to launch and publish successfully.  The only thing I noticed was that once the file is published, it will still open a browser window that tells you to update Flash, but since this machine has the latest version on it already for all browsers, I am not concerned.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. I found that (in my computer) Microsoft was really blocking Shockwave. Then, the modification of registry keys as indicated in the previous post worked like a charm, since they allow the execution of Shockwave in the new version of Windows and Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to follow the "clicktorun" command to downgrade to office version 16.0.9001.2171 on a test machine but the next day (3/13/19) I could not get it to work on the user's machine.  It also did not work on another test machine.  It seems Microsoft removed that version or something from the available Office365 versions.  ???  (All machines are running windows 7 64bit)

We also do not have any licenses for Presenter 11, only Presenter 9.

We do have Adobe Captivate 19 but the files would not convert from Presenter.

I'd rather not modify the registry if I don't have to.  Is this the only option other than loading Presenter 11 from the link provided and buying licenses for it?  Is there another way to downgrade Office 365?  We do have Office 2013 as an option but I'd hate to do that also.

Dave<--trying to find the best solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just tried Presenter 11 from that special link but got the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I take away from this is that Presenter isnt something I can rely on and isnt of much use in an environment where being productive is critical.  This issue not with standing we have had issues with end users being able to use the presentations without having to manually do a bunch of setup such as add flash etc. I havent found a way to use these presentations on mobile or tablet devices either.   I have Office 365 and none of these suggested "fixes" work.   Does anyone else know of any products that can acheive the same end result in a less frustrating way? It seems to me that a mix of Office 365 products might possibly acheive the desired result..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, you are not wrong, Presenter and Office 365 are a nightmare and I have stopped using the tool after Captivate 2019 was released. I can import PPT/PPTX and record webcam and audio directly to each slide in Captivate 2019. What made Presenter useful was being able to record a presentation and package it in a SCORM wrapper for reporting. With new more stable tools and xAPI you really no longer need Presenter.

Another product to look at is dominKnowONE, it does a much better job of importing PPT/PPTX then Captivate 2019, I am unsure of the audio/video capture functionality but I do know you can import already recorded audio/video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the fix from the link mentioned previously (PnDriver_11_197.zip) which worked for me. Only thing I needed to remember to do was save presentation as a *.pptx file to save as an html5 presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a government employee and have contacted Adobe Support for this issue. Here is your fix they sent me. It works

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/1874a9b0-d9bb-4e1c-a175-0fda6727619e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, can you guide me how to use the file enableControls.zip to fix the

error? Thank you!

Vào Th 3, 16 thg 4, 2019 vào lúc 04:39 markhayes77 <

forums_noreply@adobe.com> đã viết:

Presenter keeps asking for Flash Player update (Office 2016 / 365) created

by markhayes77 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/markhayes77> in *Adobe

Presenter* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/11030446#11030446>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the Zip file. Unzip. Close all apps. Run each of the 3 patches by dbl clicking on each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2019 CS fixed the issue by having me run 3 registry file executables for enabling flash, shockwave, and Silverlight.

Please use the link below to download the file named “Enable
Controls”.

Link : https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Registry-keys-to-reenable-7cd9f723
[gallery.techne...

• Once the file is downloaded you need to extract the
    same (unzip the file).
  • Please close Powerpoint.
  • Use the extracted folder to run all three registry
    files.
  • Once all the registry files are successfully executed
    open Powerpoint.
  • Try publishing again from Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is August 2019 and this thread started over a year ago!  I have Adobe Presenter 10 license using Windows 10 and have tried everything to get Presenter to work but still keep getting the "Flash Upgrade" error message.  When will this issue be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted Adobe Support, they suddenly resolved the issue with a remote connection.

Installed the latest adobe flash player (the .exe file), then moved some configuration file in the program files (x86) directory and in windows directory.

Here the fix-it link

https://assets.adobe.com/public/b64af65c-e398-4b5e-65f0-8ad1b36b9b95

32bit dlls must be overwritten to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 11.1

mms.cfg must be copied/overwritten to the directories C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\System\Macromed\Flash

No reboot necessary.

That's all folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources