• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Adobe Captivate from continuing to next slide

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all and thank you in advance for any and all replies.

I have been using Adobe Captivate 4 for a bit and believe I do know what I am doing but I am stumped on this one.

I am creating a troubleshooting guide for our users. The slide has a button that calls some javascript to open the Network Connections window instead of directing them to it.

(function runApp() {
var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.shell");
shell.Run("control.exe ncpa.cpl");
}

runApp();
)

After they do their check, they have a question that is asked of them with a Yes/No with a jump to slide option for each one.

Now when they click the Javascript button the window opens fine and the slide remains. But if they click the button a second time, the slide automatically goes to the next one.

I have set the slide properties to "No Action" on Exit and I have even tried infinite/100 clicks on the java button and the slide still goes to the next one.

I have even tried hiding a click button on the slide with a "No Action" on success or failure to no avail.

Is this a bug or am I missing something ??

Thank you again in advance !

Serge

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Hi there

When you look at the properties of your button, did you ensure you cleared the checkmark from the "Continue playing project" option?

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it worth doing something like putting a specific stop action at the end of the slide?

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally, yes.

The slide itself (and others like it) are to help people troubleshoot their network connections.

So the JAva button opens up their Network Connections window in Windows and based of what they see in there, they can

answer the Yes/No question. Since they can't keep the slide on long enough to do both, it becomes pointless.

Considering all this, I am tempted to put the Java button on a seperate slide and then have them go to the question slide afterwards...

I just found it really weird how Captivate forces the slides to continue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at the properties of your button, did you ensure you cleared the checkmark from the "Continue playing project" option?

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HA HA !!

You da man Rick !

I did not even see that option for the button !

Thanks so much !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources