• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview a VR demo on Android device

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just downloaded Adobe Captivate with the 30 days free trial to evaluate this application to create VR courses for a LMS platform.

So far I think is simple to use and intuitive, but I'm trying to export the VR Demo to preview it on my Android phone and it's not working properly on Chrome. I scan the QR with my phone and go to the provided url to see the demo and it's not moving the 3D image with the movement of the phone.

I press the "ENTER VR" button and the size of the image is smaller than expected, the "settings" icon doesn't work and as I said, the image is not moving with the movement of the phone. I have to move it with my fingers.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-15 at 1.15.40 PM.jpeg

Is it possible to export VR courses and make it work with Android and/or iOS devices? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Have you tried to publish the VR project to a web server such as Adobe Connect rather than just previewing it  on a device?

Do you get the same problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to view the VR project correctly you will need to have a "VR viewer" to hold the Andriod or iOS device.  The cheapest out there is possibly "Google Cardboard" VR see

https://arvr.google.com/cardboard/

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung Gear VR and I can see VR videos with no problem. Even without the VR glasses, the VR video moves when you move the phone. In this case nothing happens when you move the phone, only it moves if you do it with your fingers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Google VR Servcies installed on your Andriod phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see VR videos in other sites with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to publish the VR project to a web server such as Adobe Connect rather than just previewing it  on a device?

Do you get the same problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published it to a LMS and worked properly. Apparently the problem is with the preview system.

Thanks a lot for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear that all is working now.

Yes, preview is great for getting an initial look and feel, but it is restricted in what can be done/shown.

Always publish to a web server, LMS, etc... to get the full effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources