Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview screen blocks sliders in TOC and Playbar

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! This is my first post here 🙂 

I'm in the Trial period for Captivate and seem to run into an issue. When I try to change the Playbar controls, the preview screen is blocking the controls sliders. Because of this, I cannot choose to turn certain buttons in the Playbar on or off. The same happens on the TOC tab. I cannot zoom in or out on this page, and changing the window size does not work either. Has anyone run into this before and know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

I haven't struck that particular issue before on Captivate 12 (your version).  However, your screenshot seems to indicate you are on a monitor with a rather wide aspect ratio.  Can you confirm what your screen resolution is?  If you are using a widescreen high-res monitor, do you still see the same issue if you disconnect from it and just use a normal HD resolution setting on your laptop or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't struck that particular issue before on Captivate 12 (your version).  However, your screenshot seems to indicate you are on a monitor with a rather wide aspect ratio.  Can you confirm what your screen resolution is?  If you are using a widescreen high-res monitor, do you still see the same issue if you disconnect from it and just use a normal HD resolution setting on your laptop or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard, thanks for your reply! You're right - it's a curved screen with a rather wide aspect ratio (3440x1440). Disconnecting does not set it straight. However, when I start a new project on my laptop while disconnected from the screen, the preview in TOC and Playbar does not cover the sliders anymore. It seems the default size of the project depends on the screen you're working in - I've learned something at that! Any idea if/how the slide size can be changed? Otherwise it seems I'll have to start over in the appropriate slide size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems quite strange to me that your display settings would forever determine your project size in this way.

I would suggest that you log this with Adobe as a possible bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I can't see your screen shot, but I had what sounds like the same issue where I could not move the playbar sliders b/c the preview slide was in the way. I closed out of that and clicked the tablet view icon at the top of the screen, then went back into the playbar. That view allowed me to access the toggle buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources