• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with video demo not recording within the red rectangle

Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate version 7 on Windows 10 and trying to record a video demo. Captivate does not record the area within the red rectangle. My monitor is high resolution and I think this has to do with the monitor resolution. I searched the web and there are instructions to change the DPIAwareness in the AdobeCaptivat.ini file. I do not see that setting. Below is what my AdobeCaptivate.ini file looks like. I hope that someone can tell me how to fix this problem.

AdobeCaptivate.ini file looks like this:

VistaWin7StartupMessage = 1
LowDiskSpaceMessage = 1
NeedJQueryUI = 0
SystemAudioDriver =Soundflower (2ch)
EquationEditorPathWin =\MathMagic for Captivate\MathMagic for Captivate.exe
EquationEditorPathMac =/Applications/MathMagic for Captivate.app
UserPathForLayoutsAndInteractions = ""
[TRUE STRINGS]
USE_INTELLIGENCE = 1
STRINGS = True;Correct;Right;Yes;T;Y;Wahr;Verdadero;Vrai;Vero;○;참;Verdadeiro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

If you are using two monitors, then they both need to be on the same resolution.

If you suspect that the monitor resolution is preventing the Video Capture, change your Windows Display settings to reduce the resolution to something like Full HD 1920 x 1080 and see if that makes any difference.

MonitorResolution.png

If that change then allows you to do Video Demo then fine.

However, I would also offer no guarantee that with a Captivate version as old as version 7 you could really expect everything to work.  That

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using two monitors, then they both need to be on the same resolution.

If you suspect that the monitor resolution is preventing the Video Capture, change your Windows Display settings to reduce the resolution to something like Full HD 1920 x 1080 and see if that makes any difference.

MonitorResolution.png

If that change then allows you to do Video Demo then fine.

However, I would also offer no guarantee that with a Captivate version as old as version 7 you could really expect everything to work.  That version is now rather ancient.  If the display resolution changes have no effect, you may simply be encountering the limits of what your old Captivate version can offer on a Windows 10 system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rod. Your suggestion worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources