• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Charm

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just watched the keynote from Adobe eLearning World 2021. The new version of Captivate, code-name Project Charm was quickly demoed. It looks like the interface has been majorly updated/changed. I'm not sure if I have ever seen an application get such a drastic change in one go. I'm not saying Captivate didn't need it, but we all got used to the way it was.

I hope the demo was a very simplified demo - I did not see a lot of the advanced features we use on my team. I hope they are still there.  

I'm also curious if there are changes to the Captivate player code. We use the JavaScript API and widgets very heavily. I hope we do not have to re-work all those for this new version.

It looks like creating responsive eLearning migh be a little easier in this new version.

What did everyone else think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you on the JavaScript side of things. I am very interested in test driving that part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have essentially the same questions and concerns. So far, all I can find is what was shown in that demo. It's hard to tell from that what will happen with all of the functionality we've come to know and rely upon in Captivate. I signed up for the beta trial but haven't heard anything from them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find where I poasted the link to sign up for the beta.  Can anyone share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best I can offer is this...
You'll have to go thru the conference link.

1. Go to the following link
https://adobeelearningworld.com/site/adobe-elearning-world-2021/828?ag=AEW_Rdrct_Topnav

2.  Click on Join Now and enter your email you used to register for the event.

Stagprime_0-1632841431985.png

3. Go to the Networking Lounge

4. Enter the Captivate Room

5. Click on the button to register

Stagprime_1-1632841562732.png

6. Fill out the form.

Hopefully this helps. I don't know of another link to make the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pathway is now closed.

It was only valid while access to the conference site was still open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the new interface is very cool! I really hope we can still use variables, advance actions, slide quizzes and all that jazz in this new version too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the keynote says; they completeley redesigned the GUI in Spectrum.

https://youtu.be/nFpwS-WKH2g?t=2585

Spectrum is also the GUI side of programs like XD and Photoshop, based on there own HTML and CSS, and I gues if you want to build plug-ins off sorts you can also use it.  

https://spectrum.adobe.com/

I hope to get selected for the beta so I can see what the program will do. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exctited about the new Cpativate!  The old version has needed an updated for far to long.  It's such a heavy program.  Little things like text moving on occasion when you select it drives me crazy.  Also, having live text when published will be a great thing that Storyline has had from the beginning.  I am also hoping for better Accessibility features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i want to be notify if any of you get the beta, this version loooks good but like you i want to see the advance features and the actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, I noticed it's no longer November and I didn't get any follow up from the "Beta coming in November" I signed up for. Anyone else hear anthing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor have I heard anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...nothing here either.  Impatiently waiting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dates but this little update nugget was recently placed at the eLearning Community.

Stagprime_0-1638385227744.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thannk you! can you give that link to the form that refearing in this screenshot i didnt find it in the adobe elearning page, much apriciated.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was Captivate Certified in 2019 and Adobe previewed and promised this update then.

Captivate doesn't seem to be getting the same attention that Captivate Prime is. I am assuming that's becasue Prime is where the money is. 

Waiting three years for a major update to a software product is a long time (I've been in the industry for over 25 years). Adobe's inability to get the new Captivate update to market is disappointing at best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing with the Holiday's right around the corner we won't be hearing any news until mid Jan.  Assuming no one here has heard anything?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone out there hearing in Project Charm Beta news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really looking foward to the Project Beta program starting any day now???  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly any year now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🤣

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on your perspective of "day".

On Earth that would be 24 hours. 

On Venus that would be 243 Earth "days"

So the Project Charm Beta might be closer to "any Venus day now:"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping maybe for a Martian day?  24hours/37 minutes....I had to look it up!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources