Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

project completion settings

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have an issue that I am trying to figure out. 

I have a project where the user has three attempts to pass the quiz that is integrated within the course with a 62%. So I first started by setting the quiz completion criteria. However, we ran into an issue where if the user did pass the right number of questions, ( answered 10 out of the 16) and then closed it out before finishing the course it counted it as completed since they technically got a 62%. So then I added in slide views. 

Now I am having an isssue where it is setting it as completed with whatever score they have because they are viewing all the slides. 

Any ideas on how I can make this work??

2021-06-16_08-29-07.png

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

You can set the attempts in Quiz Preferences. I offered suggestion for the Completion (based on slide views) and Success (having slide views and passed quiz).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no real experience with xAPI settings, maybe someone else will help you better. However it feels bit strange that you have exactly the same criteria for Completion as for Success? Why not have Success based on passing the quiz only? Why do they need to watch all slides if they succeed in the assessment? That means a discrepancy for me. If you keep the Slide Views for completion, you are splitting conditions. If you keep the quiz slides at the end of the course, or at least part of them, the problem is solved as well.

I suppose you want to see the exact score in the LMS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big part of having to go through all the slides is that the questions are scattered throughout the course, not at the end. So we were having issues with users not being able to go back in to finish the rest of the course after "passing" to finish the last slides that weren't questions. I guess I could put some kind of generic question at the end to maybe solve that, but I figured there should be a way with settings. 

I just want them to be able to have 3 attempts to pass the quiz and view all of the slides. 

Does that all make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I offered a suggestion, would never use the same criteria for Completion as for Success.

You can allow to go back, but avoid having the learner going back to quiz slides. Content slides cannot be a problem, if you keep the Allow Backwards Movement in Quiz Preferences, even though you don't have the Back button. Distributing questions in between content slides is OK, but you need to know that this extends the Quiz scope to which the Quiz Preferences apply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. I understand that you are saying I shouldn't have the same settings. Do you have any suggestions on how the setting should be for allowing three attempts and view the entire course?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the attempts in Quiz Preferences. I offered suggestion for the Completion (based on slide views) and Success (having slide views and passed quiz).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will try that and see if that works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources