Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Project with 360° Slides

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

How do I open the project I published to my computer?

When I first click on publish and get asked if I want to view the project, it works properly. But when I try to open the project at a later time by clicking on the "index" file, I get blackscreens on every 360° slide. The normal slides can be viewed without any issues. 

Regards

Philipp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to view your published content in a web server environment.

When you are previewing as HTML5 in Captivare it creates a temporary localhost web server environment in which to display the content.  But if you just publish out as HTML5 and then do as you did by doubleclicking the index.html file there is no web server environment and that is why your 360 slides to not perform as expected.

Either set up a WAMP or XAMP server locally in which to perform your tests, or else upload your published output to a web server to view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there @RodWard  im having a similar issue and i havent found any steps to help me fix the issue. I'm hoping you might be able to offer some assistance please? 

i'm in no way an expert in using captivate but have experience in different projects. 

When i preview my project - which contains 360 slides - it previews fine. when published on our LMS it works fine on all devices apart from Apple.

Are you able to advise - in a step by step manner please - what i need to do to get the 360 slides to work on apple devices (for the learners that only use ipads..)?

Image of issue attached. 

I have posted on here a few times and so has a colleague but no replies. so i hope you don't mind me tagging you.. You seem very helpful.. 

Thank you in advance for your help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources