• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PUBLISH TO COMPUTER

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have prepaered an elearning course using Captivate 2019. When i try to publish to computer the drop down menu "Publish" does not include the option.

When I open another trainng sample file from one of my textbooks the option gives me a chanhoice of publish to computer.

Can any one give me a clue how to publish to computer.

Screenshot of dropdown menu attached

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option 'Publish to Compture' is a typical option for non-responsive projects. For a responsive project as you have created, you need to use the option 'Publish for Devices'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. It looks like I have learnt another valuable
lesson. I now need to re-create as a non responsive project as I want it as
an exe file

--
All the Best
Bryan Luckock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan, maybe you will learn another very bitter lesson now. EXE is based on SWF, and you are aware of the fact that the Flash Player dies definitely at the end of the year? It is only 3 months away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep
I was aware. HAve presumed that Flash will still work even though not
updated

--
All the Best
Bryan Luckock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have no idea... would never trust this at all. Since over 3 years I do not publish to SWF anymore, which is necessary whenyou want an EXE file. Will it work in that standalone version? Mystery? It is a waste of time if it will not work anymore in a couple of months. Why not look for a more reliable way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources