• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published a HTML file from Animate CC but it won't run in Captivate Classic

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently made a change to an old animation file from the 2017 version of adobe animate in the 2022 version of animate and when I published it to a HTML/JS file, it won't run in captivate classic. It doesn't even preview the file or load it up when added to the assets tab in classic. Is there something that I need to do when publishing the file from animate or is there something that I need to do in captivate classic to make it work? I have tried remaking the animation file in a new project then publishing it but it still does not run in captivate classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Hello, the following is valid only for the OAM method, importing the Animate animation either via Objects/Web or as Media/HTML 5 Animation. (The method of dragging it into the Assets properties is unknown to me).
If it is the case, as you write above, that you are working off a closed network so the computer has no internet access

then a HTML 5 animation from Animate can't download the necessary copies of the libraries hosted on the CreateJS CDN at code.createjs.com. In that case you should in Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to embed the animation? As HTML animation?

Apparently you used JS, but how did you enable communication between Captivate and the animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I publish the animation, I will zip it together with the HTML, JS, and the images in the zip file. Then I will drag it into the assets properties in captivate classic. I have not tried to embed the animation, how would you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Media button, last option 'HTML Animation'. I often use OAMs, hence my question about communication. InfoSemantics has a widget to facilitate communication between Captivate and Animate. It is not free, but I can recommend it. CpMate, needs also CpExtra which is the most amazing widget I ever have used.

https://www.infosemantics.com.au/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think I can use that. I am working off a closed network so the computer has no internet access and it runs off a linked file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possible to publish as OAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to publish it as an OAM file and it still did not want to run in captivate classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this version 11.8.2? I wonder if it could be another bug. I don't use it for that reason but keep to 11.5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate or Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pointing to version 11.8 of Captivate. Animate is at version 24 if I am correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am acctually using version 22 of Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the following is valid only for the OAM method, importing the Animate animation either via Objects/Web or as Media/HTML 5 Animation. (The method of dragging it into the Assets properties is unknown to me).
If it is the case, as you write above, that you are working off a closed network so the computer has no internet access

then a HTML 5 animation from Animate can't download the necessary copies of the libraries hosted on the CreateJS CDN at code.createjs.com. In that case you should in Animate under File/Publish Settings in the HTML/JS section under Advanced Javascript Options uncheck Hosted Libraries. This way the CreateJS Library won't be downloaded from the CreateJS CDN, instead it will be added locally to your published export files including to your OAM file for Captivate Classic. Otherwise without the CreateJS Library your animation can't play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks kdmemory,

The hosted library was the problem behind the HTML/JS not working in captivate classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources