• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Captivate 12 for use on website. No SCORM

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Captivate 2019 I was able to publish to html5 then upload the files that are returned to my webserver then make a link to access the presentation by typing the path to the location on the server then the /index.html to open the presentation.  I can publish to html5 but unable to make link to access the presentation from the website.  We don't use a LMS but manage courses using php and MySQL.

Any ideas???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check with an FTP Client or any other similar interface the folder/location in question on your server if there is really an index.html available. In this respect under normal circumstances there is no difference between Cp Classic and Cp 12. See the attached screenshot of one of my published projects coming from Cp 12.

But when you are talking about managing "courses using php and MySQL" - is there something that changed the filename from index.html to index.php? Maybe you'll try to link only to the folder/focation without adding /index.html. Most webservers tend to select the right document to start with automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kdmemory  Sorry to disagree. I have similar issues with creating a link to a published  HTML output on my domain. I use this workflow since HTML output started, and often embedded also the output in an iFrame. I upload using Filezilla. When I open the URL, no error appears at all, and the screen remains blank. The output folder has exactly the same structure as you show. I know better that to change the index.html file. 

I logged a ticket. Strangely when uploading the zipped output which is created at the same time as the non-zipped version to AWS (which is used in the eLearning community), it works fine although it takes too much time to start for a file of 14MB. Conclusion: there is definitely a difference to Captivate Classic, because the URL results in a blank screen. You can try it out, you see that this is not yet embedded in my blog site, just resides on my webserver:

https://www.lilybiri.com/published/BookmarkStates/index.html

This upload was non-zipped by CP.

I am still exploring and waiting for help from the team. I did activate AutoPlay and will check out if this is culprit. SCORM output (by activating Reporting) which always results in a zip file will be my next test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri ,

When you installed the released version of Captivate 12, did you delete/remove any of the beta versions of the product? I wonder if that could have caused any of the issues you are experiencing, now?

I have been publishing Cp12 with/without an LMS enabled and they all work for me. Uploading the un-zipped (and zipped) files to a site.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed the new version on another system than the prerelease version. It seems at least partially to be linked with the presence of two cameras on my Surface Pro. I had already several online contacts with a staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the linked document Lilibiri provided, contains 2 errors which are not present in the published Cp12 index.html of my project. I'm not sure what actually causes those errors but fact is, that the project.js in line 5317 and column 19 throws an Uncaught SyntaxError: ' ' string literal contains an unescaped line break.

"This can occur if a line break, i.e., a new line character (`\n`) or carriage return character (`\r`), is added to the string without being properly escaped." (quoted from here.)

The next error: Uncaught TypeError: can't access property "CPProjInit", window.cp is undefined is very likely a consequence of the previous error.

This alle leads to the problem that the <div>:

<div id="app" style="width: 100%; height: 100%"></div>

is empty, no contents whatsoever, which in turn doesn't surprise that "the screen remains blank".

I attach screenshots of the Javascript console and the page source inspector. Please note that the left side represents Lilibiri's blank document, the right side my fully visible document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kdmemory  Both the zipped output and the non-zipped output are created at the same moment. How do you explain that uploading the zipped version to AWS is functional and the non-zipped version throws there errors? That is a mystery to me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybirithat's a mystery to me too. But that doesn't undo the fact, that the document behind your link https://www.lilybiri.com/published/BookmarkStates/index.html is empty, hasn't got any content to show.

Any way, the major point here is if this is the cause for the OP's issue (@patcarper) too or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will try to unzip the zipped output and replace the original non-zipped output folder. Not today, I have a headache from all those frustrating issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources