• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question About Multiple Choice/True/False Answer Alignment

Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I insert a multiple choice or true/false question, The second response (answer B for either question type, is mis-aligned with it's radio button:

QuizQuestion2.png

QuizQuestion.png

The Master Slide for these questions looks like this:

QuizQuestion3.png

I can't figure out how to align the answer with its radio button.  Any ideas?

I'm using CP 7.0.1.237 on Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Thanks.  I'll go ahead and mark this thread as answered.   I like the Autosize Captions feature, but it messes up the answer alignment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I have been seeing this issue multiple times on the forum, but never had it myself. Very strange... And didn't see a proper solution neither. Are you on Mac?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Windows 7 PC.  Maybe it's a font issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you seem to use a very common font. Which one did you use, can try again to see if I can repro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Calibri regular.

On the multiple choice, if I increase the number of answers to 3 or more, all the other answers are aligned properly.  Only B is mis-aligned.  I can then delete B and move the other answers up.  But I can't do that for True/False.

Puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried again, with Calibri, but everything works as expected. That makes it very difficult to discover the logic behind this bug? I'm on the same version, Win7 Pro.

Did you try refreshing the Preferences folder, and clearing the cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I refreshed the preferences thing and cleared the cache.  Still have the problem.  Now I'm thinking it may have something to do with themes.  I used the blank theme originally while creating a template file (.cptl).  The template and any project I create from that template show the problem.  If I just open a blank project using the blank theme, it looks OK.

I'll troubleshoot some more.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed a very random issue. I have seen this in earlier versions of Captivate as well. I always create my template files from the blank theme, so I don't think it is specific to the theme.

As for solutions, sometimes changing the quality of slide to high worked, other times just reopening Captivate worked. Here are some of the solutions I have found on these forums:

1.  Create one more answer than I need (ie for a 4 answer question, create 5 answers) and then delete answer B.

2.  Uninstalled/reinstalled my Captivate 6 software

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much testing, it appears to me the problem is caused by having Autosize Captions turned on in the preferences.  If I turn it off, then add a quiz question, it's aligned properly.

Can anybody else verify that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will concur with rgcunningham. I changed mine to autosize captions and got the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll go ahead and mark this thread as answered.   I like the Autosize Captions feature, but it messes up the answer alignment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, can confirm as well. Hope to keep this in mind. Personally I never turn on autosize (or any automatic thing). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be wise to turn this in as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion.  I just submitted a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my goodness, once again you guys came to my rescue.

I have been battling this issue for hours. Like the other fellow I could get around the Multi choice but the true/false issue was not solved.

The fix worked, just changed the preferences in my iMac 27 Authosize Captions to OFF.

- Brian

Net time I am going to Google the problem before I spend hours looking for a bug in this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources