Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Version Control for Captivate, particularly utilizing Git

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have been tasked by our project manager to find out if Adobe Captivate is able to work with Git for version control (The company has been using Captivate for a while as well as Git for a seperate portion of the work done). On searching the community, the most recent information on this topic I could find was from 2018 advising that Captivate is not very version-control friendly, especially with Git, which would view .cptx files as binary (referenced post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/captivate-2017-and-version-control-git-etc/td-p...). It additionally states that access to the necessary media for the captivate project would potentially be lost due to no longer having access to the exact paths needed unless the project was accessed from the development computer.

Is this still the case? Have there been updates that have allowed for version control? Is a different program able to establish version control with Captivate more effectively?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think your best bet would be to use Subversion. You will not get version control in that multiple users can contribute to the same CP file though, you won't get that with programs that have a dedicated IDE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources