Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz answer showing as incorrect when it is set as correct

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm having trouble with quiz answers in Captivate 2019.  I have set the correct answer by clicking the corresponding choice when designing the quiz.  However, I do the quiz it tells me that the answer selected is incorrect - even though I have selected the correct answer.   Any ideas on what is wrong?  I have tried creating a new quiz but the same issue.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using on which OS? Please give the full version number as you can find under Help, About Captivate.

Which theme do you use: quiz slides are based on dedicated master slides which are a component of the theme. If this is a custom theme, it could have been created in an older version. In that case, was it updated to the present version?

Can you insert some screenshots? Quiz Properties, slide and its timeline?

In the recent versions there is a bug, where the feedback shapes are using the wrong styles (all use the Fail style), but I never saw the problem you are reporting. Since it happens on multiple projects, I would also try to clean the Preferences which could fix a possible corruption of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

captivate version.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slide theme.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quiz.PNGtiming.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1709

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - here are the quiz preference settings

default labels.PNGpass fail.PNGreporting.PNGsettings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of the question slide at runtime when it is marked as incorrect.  

Make sure you have correctly set the style of the Correct and Incorrect feedback captions to be different so that you can tell them apart.  (As Lieve mentioned, by default the captions may be set to the same colour which could lead to a confusing result.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri - I changed the theme back to blank and the issue is resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not on the most recent version of 11.5, please try to update.

Be careful with the Required setting, you may be have issues with what you set up. There are better ways to force the learner to answer all questions than changing the Required setting. Apparently you are not using a LMS because the Reporting section is not set up.

So, the problem was due to the Theme, not the first nor the last one to have issues with Themes which are too much ignored by many developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources