Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Getting assets from asset store" loop

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just installed Captivate for the first time and I'm attempting my first project.

I'm trying to insert an Intro slide and all I see if this message ""Getting assets from asset store"

I've tried other slides and projects. I've shutdown my firewall and AV scanner. Left it for > 1 hour. 

I have 100MB internet and plenty of HDD space. PC performs well editing 4k video so I don't think it's a performance issue. 

Any advice?

screenshot-captivate.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit off topic but if you are really new to Captivate may I recommend NOT to start with a responsive project please? 

You are in the responsive demo project (very annoying). Try to close it and if you really insist on a responsive project, create a new one. Hopefully you'll not be in that demo project at that moment.

Which slide from which Quick Start Project did you try to insert? It can take a while... I wonder if you are behind a firewall which is interfering with the download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new blank project and a similar thing happens. This time I'm trying to add a YouTube video and it jumps to 50% then stops. I hit cancel then it throws up a message "Video encountered an internal error"

Ben5C88_0-1597318172397.png

Ben5C88_1-1597318212628.png

My firewall is disabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not relateed to the Assets Libraray I suppose. May have a totally different cause. What was your workflow to insert the video? Can you link to that video with the command 'Open URL'?  Maybe you are not allowed to embed that particular video. 

You are on Windows.  Do you run Captivate with the setting 'Run as Administrator'? Is the folder 'My Documents' realyl a folder on your system or do you have a roaming profile? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and the instructions in this post worked for me:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/issues-with-asset-panel-in-adobe-captivate-2019-release/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources