Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-set quiz attempts

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
So, I have spent 5 hours today researching and have not come up with the answer I know is somewhere out there. ) I am using Captivate 2019. My LMS is Saba. Here is the the scenario.

1. Learner takes course.

2. Learner has three attempts to pass the quiz. A pass will lead to Continue and Summary, and Exit course.

3. After three failed attempts, on the results slide, they will receive messaging stating they must reveiw the course again. Learner clicks on Continue. 

4. Continue takes them back to the beginning of the course to repeat the entire thing. (There is no review button, as I do not want them to simply look at the answers and test again)

5. They get to the quiz, after reviewing the course again, however it has not re-set it still shows the answers to the last failed attempt. 
6. Here is how I have set up Quiz Preferences.

Quizz settings1.JPGQuiz settings2.JPG

6. How can I create a button or action that will give the Learner 3 more attempts?

Thank you so much for any help with this.

d.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

If you limit the Quiz aattempts to 3, you are never able to add attempts. Your approach is not correct.

You need to have more attempts on quiz level. Then use the On enter event of the Score slide to redirect the learner to the content slides, based on a conditional action which takes into account both system variable cpQuizInfoPassFail and cpQuizInfoAttempts. Keep the Retake button on the score slide. After having visited the content slides, all quiz slides will be reset automatically when re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Try to add the Pause and Delay command, like this:

EnterScore.PNG

I let the score slide paused for 3 seconds, you can choose a longer delay of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you limit the Quiz aattempts to 3, you are never able to add attempts. Your approach is not correct.

You need to have more attempts on quiz level. Then use the On enter event of the Score slide to redirect the learner to the content slides, based on a conditional action which takes into account both system variable cpQuizInfoPassFail and cpQuizInfoAttempts. Keep the Retake button on the score slide. After having visited the content slides, all quiz slides will be reset automatically when reaching them because a new attempt on Quiz level has been started.

Screenshot of such an advanced action:

EnterScore.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly! It does not show them the result slide on failed attempt three, but rather takes them back to slide 1 as entered into the advanced action.  However, I was able to just add an informational slide before the quiz letting them know what to expect. Thank you so much!

d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Necessary to show the results also on third attempt? Should have to test, but will be possible as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to add the Pause and Delay command, like this:

EnterScore.PNG

I let the score slide paused for 3 seconds, you can choose a longer delay of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This once again worked beautifully, and I have exactly what I needed!

d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Please, can you mark the correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I don't see a question 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked the question, and now you say that you don't see it?  Look at the top of the thread.. I can mark my answer correct as well, but don't like to do so... It would help future users looking for a solution to a similar question. OK... leave it alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. Thanks I marked both as correct for what I needed to get done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources