• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording is not capturing individual keys....

Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks,

One of my co-workers is experiencing a problem when making demonstration recordings.

When he types text, only the first letter appears. That is until the mouse is clicked on the next text box (which initiates a new screen capture).

Other recordings worked as they should until today.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Shawn, Thanks!  I love the gold stars of life.

I really get a rhythm going with my Print Screen presses.  I figure if a real-time app task takes a minute to complete, I can capture the sequence in 3 minutes or less--and usually without retakes. I always end up with way more slides than I need: between the duplicates I capture--just to make sure I got the correct image--and the goofy ones Captivate captures for me.  I primarily don't trust Captivate's automatic capturing because it will often sna

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to capture each keystroke, type a letter, press Print Screen, type the next letter, press Print Screen and so on.  You end up with a slide for each letter.  Then set those slides to something short, such as 0.1 or 0.2 secs, run the slide sequence and see if it looks like what you're after.  When I use Captivate, I NEVER let it decide when to capture: I press Print Screen for each before, during, and after state of an interaction. --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leslie, you are absolutely correct. Good advice!

Incidently, this was the same situation with other elearning tools I have used (i.e. RWD uPerform, KA, Toolbook).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit helpful answer! Duh... your answer was indeed helpful... 🙂

Reply back and I will give you a correct answer. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn, Thanks!  I love the gold stars of life.

I really get a rhythm going with my Print Screen presses.  I figure if a real-time app task takes a minute to complete, I can capture the sequence in 3 minutes or less--and usually without retakes. I always end up with way more slides than I need: between the duplicates I capture--just to make sure I got the correct image--and the goofy ones Captivate captures for me.  I primarily don't trust Captivate's automatic capturing because it will often snap screens mid-refresh, and then I have nothing usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to give you a gold star.

Thanks for the good advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources