• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replacing event video and maintaining dimensions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help replacing event video and maintaining dimensions of the video being replaced. Even with dimensions locked the video that replaces it get's placed on the stage at 100% of it's size (at least it's in the correct position.) Any solutions are greatly appreciated. 

cheers,

Brian

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

You could do this from the Library. Find the video file in your library and double click on the file. This will open the properties for the video. You can import a replacement and it will update the video in all locations in your project. It should maintain the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Thank you Paul! This worked if the size and position was locked. I appreciate the help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resize the video before insertion? You can use the Adobe Media Encoder which is packaged with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would diminish the video quality for full screen viewing so not an option. This works for images so there has to be a way for video too, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add a video object, regardless of whether you are using Slide Video or Event Video, you can use the selection handles on your video to resize the initial appearance. Hold down your shift key while resizing so as to maintain the aspect ratio.

resize video.gif

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul I understand this.

What I'm trying to do is update the video or "replace" without having to resize it. Right now after pointing to a new video I'm just entering in the exact width  in the properties panel with constrain turned on so the video is in the exact same spot and size as the previous video. I was hoping there is way to avoid all that and that the new video would just inherit the previous video's dimensions.

cheers,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this from the Library. Find the video file in your library and double click on the file. This will open the properties for the video. You can import a replacement and it will update the video in all locations in your project. It should maintain the size.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Paul! This worked if the size and position was locked. I appreciate the help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources