• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing SCORM package deletes previous scores

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Captivate, SCORM version 2004, 4th Edition.

If I replace a SCORM package (This SCORM package is a quiz only, no branching, set of 10 questions) in my LMS, the scores of the people who have already taken the quiz disappears/gets deleted automatically. How can I prevent this? I want to be able to make small, cosmetic changes in the quiz, and replace the quiz in my LMS without causing any scores from the replaced SCORM zip to disappear.

Sumit35566210gwro_0-1708412606739.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

I suspect you'll have to dabble with the LMS setup for such a situation. Which rules did you set up? I doubt very much it is within the capacity of Captivate to solve this. Is there no way to update an available course? Or to save the gradebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

What you describe is fairly typical behaviour for most LMSs.

If it sees your updated SCORM as a different version from the previous one then it will assume your participants need to do the course again,

You need to liaise with your LMS people to find out the best way to provide an updated SCORM that will not cause this to happen.

One thing you need to be careful of is never to add or remove quiz questions, chnage the unique identifiers of individual assessment components, or change the ver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you'll have to dabble with the LMS setup for such a situation. Which rules did you set up? I doubt very much it is within the capacity of Captivate to solve this. Is there no way to update an available course? Or to save the gradebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you describe is fairly typical behaviour for most LMSs.

If it sees your updated SCORM as a different version from the previous one then it will assume your participants need to do the course again,

You need to liaise with your LMS people to find out the best way to provide an updated SCORM that will not cause this to happen.

One thing you need to be careful of is never to add or remove quiz questions, chnage the unique identifiers of individual assessment components, or change the version number of the SCO in the Manifest settings.  Any of these things usually causes the LMS to think the previous scores are no longer valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses Rod and Lieve - Based on your inputs, I stopped looking for a solution from Captivate perspective and started looking at the LMS and came up with this solution.

Our LMS is designed in this structure: 

Section -> This contains the SCORM zips.

Course -> This contains the sections.

Certifications -> This contain the Courses.

I've requested the software team to implement a new feature allowing me to hide the visibility of a SCORM zip file within a Section for those who are taking the assessment. With this functionality, when I upload a new SCORM zip file (rather than replacing the old one) and subsequently hide the old SCORM zip, individuals will automatically access the test using the new SCORM zip, as they won't be able to view the old one. No data gets deleted at the same time from Reports as I am not deleting the old zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up and reporting about the solution. Which LMS do  you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources