• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting Completion

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full version of Captivate and I'm going to publish a product demo recorded from a web browser. I'd like to know how many people complete the demo - watch it all the way to the end. I've read this article:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/articles/lms_output.html

and others about reporting and I've played around with setting up a survey question at the end of the project, but it doesn't seem to send the data anywhere.

Just to be clear, I don't want or need an LMS. I can write my own code on the server side to handle whatever data Captivate sends. I just need to get this project set up so that it sends some data to a URL. I'll take care of all the rest.

So if there was just an option that said, "when they get to this slide, send some data to http://mydomain.com/captivate/" then I could do the rest.

Has anyone heard of someone using captivate this way? Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Hi again

No need for a widget. Just click Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End and choose the option there.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You have several options here. If all you need is data sent to a URL, that should be simple. Captivate offers your choice of events to use. For example, you can open a URL from a Click Box, Button, Slide Enter event, Slide Exit event, Movie End event and who knows. I may have missed some.

So I'm thinking you could use one of these actions to feed a URL that would indicate completion. Of course, this assumes you have something set up with the URL to see the incoming link and know what to do with it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Movie End event"

Ah ha. I hadn't heard of that. So, if I understand correctly, I need to get a flash player controller widget, add that to the project, and then I can access an on movie end event?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

No need for a widget. Just click Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End and choose the option there.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

- That's interesting. There was no response in this thread when I started this reply and 30 seconds later there is...

Never mind the rest... 🙂

I am using Connect Pro, which takes care of these issues....

Without Connect Pro, you could include a login at the beginning and write out this information to a xml file at the end of the animation.

In terms of how to do this, especially the writing out part, I am not quite sure at this point but I am certain it could be accomplished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources