• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retake button

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed a small quiz in Captivate 2019, with 4 questions. If the user fails to answer the questions correctly, a retake button will appear, prompting the user to click on it to return to slide 1 (Intro), if however, the user answers the questions correctly, then the retake button will not be shown only the continue button. 

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Retake button on the score slide will appear only on a failed attempt on quiz level, which is your second requirement. You need to have at least 2 attempts in Quiz Preferences of course. On Succes, the Retake button will not appear.

Retake button normally resets all quiz slides and quizzing system variables and navigates to the first quiz slide or the first slide with a scored object. You can override this to use an advanced action On Enter for that first scored slides like this:

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is greater than 1

Jump to slide 1                  first slide of the course

ELSE

Continue

Beware: you need to allow Backwards movement (not necessary Back buttons) in the Quiz Preferences, Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help and swift response to my message; I will try this solution and get back to you if I have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The retake button on the score slide now works; however, when I click on the restart button, it takes me back to slide 1, which is fine, but now the click button in the navigation on slide 1 doesn't seem to work. Does this need to be reset?

Also, you mentioned backwards movement, meaning enabling backwards navigation controls skin editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you disabled that click button there is no reason why it is not functional.

You need to enable backwards navigation in quiz prefs because you need to navigate back from the first question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't disabled the click button; the click button works when I first run the course; however, if I get the questions wrong and then click on the retake course button, the click button on the first slide doesn't work. I have also created a new button still not working.

The allow backward movement is enabled in the quiz preference settings, as you suggested.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enable Branch aware in Quiz settings or do you have Pretest slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't enabled branch aware, do I have to enable it? I don't have pretest slides. I have attached a screenshot of the quiz preference settings if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered another issue; the restart button works and takes me back to slide 1 when I run it within Captivate; however, when I publish it to Google Chrome, the restart button takes me back the question 1. Would it help if I send you the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a user like you, I don't accept files for debugging. You don't publish to Chrome, what do you mean by that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant publishing it to a browser, e.g. Safari, Google chrome etc. It works fine within Adobe captivate, but when I publish the file, then restart button takes me to the quiz instead of slide 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You always publish to your system. Then you need to upload the published folder to a webserver or a LMS. Do not view it locally, please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works within Adobe captivate but not on a web server.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange.  When you Preview as HTML5 from within Captivate you are actually seeing the content delivered from a temporary localhost web server that Captivate creates.

If you are not seeing the same results from your web server, perhaps something is wrong with the setup.  A good test is to set your output for SCORM and upload it to SCORM Cloud.  See if the functionality works from their web server.  It's completely compatible with Captivate HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice Rod, I will try this out and get back to you if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'within Adobe captivate', what do you mean exactly? If you did preview it using F11, Preview HTML in Browser, it would be very astonishing that it is not functional after uploading to a webserver and running from the URL. The solution I offered is very common, and I never had issues with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant in Adobe Captivate; If I preview the project, it works fine; however, if I publish the files to (HTML 5) and then launch the index.html file from my local drive, it doesn't work. The retake button takes me back to question 1 instead of slide 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have misunderstood, trying to be more elaborate:

1. Do NOT launch locally, you need to upload to a webserver, and use the URL to launch FROM THE SERVER.
  2. Not all Preview methods show the output as it will be when published to HTML5 since you are on a non-responsive project. You need to use exclusively F11, Preview HTML in Browser.

Rod has insisted also on the second point. The last test, on SCORM Cloud is indeed fine, but only if you are planning to use a LMS and if you set up Reporting. Only in that case a real SCO output will be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only suggesting to test from SCORM Cloud because I know that their web server is compatible with Captivate's HTML5.  All I was trying to do is nail down whether the issue is indeed with the someting in the module or with the web server settings.

If testing on SCORM Cloud shows the same issue, then the problem is something in the module.  However, if testing from the SCORM Cloud web server works exactly the same as when using Preview in HTML5 in Captivate, then the module is fine and the issue is caused by the web server.  It may be blocking some Captivate functionality from working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, Rod, you may have understood me wrongly. It was not meant as a critic.

Problem (as usual) is terminology here. I have insisted on viewing from a webserver, but from the last comment of the OP I see that he only tested locally.  Same with the need to use F11, not one of the other Preview methods. Understanding a question is not easy, but here understanding answers neither. 

It is a very simple advanced action which I posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help! - I will try and test it on the SCORM Cloud, and if the problem persists, I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources