• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retaking course after quiz fail

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Little quiz question here. Is there a simple way to have user retake a course after failing a quiz let's say 3 times?

Right now, using version 12.3.0.12, after every failed quiz attempt, I ask the program to jump to the slide before the quiz. I also have a maximum number of attempts (3).

I tried failing the quiz 3 times, and after the 3rd fail, it takes me back to the slide I'm supposed to go to, and the Next button is disabled, so the learner is kinda stuck.

Is there a simple work around? Am I missing something? Or would I have to use variables and advanced actions to have them start over the course?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

If your LMS allows it, just tell them to relaunch the e-learning module.  It should then reset their score to zero with another three attempts. 

However, be warned that some LMSs don't make it easy to relaunch modules.  Some will only allow one launch of the module and if it is not passed then the learner has failed the course and must be reset manually by the Administrator.

So, if you do not want to have the learner failed out of the course after they exhause their three attempts, you will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of Captivate has NO advanced actions!

How did you set up Quiz Preferences? What is the action on Last Attempt of the quiz (see Score slide)? You should set it up to restart the course. But indeed the questions themselves will be blocked since the attempts on quiz level have been exhausted. You can only allow a Review of the given quiz answers, using the Review button on the score slide.

Easiest way, if you want to allow more attempts is to exit the session and restart a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my preferences.

ludovickm_0-1721077939747.png

Where is that last attempt of the quiz? I don't have that in my score slide.

ludovickm_2-1721078232494.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changes in terminology always make it confusing. The On Fail on the score slide is in reality a Last Attempt. Where is the slide Conclusion? And what is the Success action.

Some LMSs prefer percentage as passing score instead of points where they can cause issues. I am not sure this will change anything, it is just a tip. You consider the course as changing from status when the quiz is passed or the three attempts have been taken without success. Is that not happening? You seem to ask for something else in the question.

Can you try to formulate in more details exactly what you want to achieve in case of 3 failed attempts on quiz level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply put, After a first and seconf failed quiz, you take the quiz again. After a third failed quiz, you redo the whole course. But I think it will be easier to set up in the LMS. I'll have them exit the project and have the learner start a new attempt. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your LMS allows it, just tell them to relaunch the e-learning module.  It should then reset their score to zero with another three attempts. 

However, be warned that some LMSs don't make it easy to relaunch modules.  Some will only allow one launch of the module and if it is not passed then the learner has failed the course and must be reset manually by the Administrator.

So, if you do not want to have the learner failed out of the course after they exhause their three attempts, you will need to be able to set the LMS to allow multiple launches of the module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources