• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover buttons to slidelets with hyperlinks embedded

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a large project where there is a branch index slide that points to other slides within the same project. What I'm trying accomplish is to have the enduser hover over a button which would open a popup (slidelet?) with links to other slides in the project.  I know I can do this with rollover stick slidelet, but the enduser has to click the button(not just hover like I would prefer). 

Does anyone know if there is a way in captivate 2019 to accomplish this with a hover only? I do recall reading about a cp extra widget that may help me get this result. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

The Rollover Slidelet object should not now be used in any Captivate project because it is based on Flash technology.

You can add a Smart Shape and set it to be a Rollover Smart Shape so that the shape appears when the user places their mouse cursor over the object's hit area.  However, this feature is not available if the Smart Shape is a button. 

Having said that, if you set the Smart Shape to be Use as Button, then you can turn on the Hint caption which will then appear when the cursor is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rollover Slidelet object should not now be used in any Captivate project because it is based on Flash technology.

You can add a Smart Shape and set it to be a Rollover Smart Shape so that the shape appears when the user places their mouse cursor over the object's hit area.  However, this feature is not available if the Smart Shape is a button. 

Having said that, if you set the Smart Shape to be Use as Button, then you can turn on the Hint caption which will then appear when the cursor is placed over the button itself.  This Hint object is also a Shape so you can format it to look almost any way you want.  It should be possible to make it look like a popup window.  You can place it anywhere on the slide except for right over the top of the Smart Shape that triggers it because if you do that then the Smart Shape's hit area is blocked by the Hint caption.

Captivate does not (by default) have the ability to trigger an Action or Advanced Action using the rollover as an event.  So, if either of the options mentioned above do not give you what you want, then CpExtra's ability to set up Event LIstener's to detect a rollover of an object and then trigger actions based on that rollover event might be a viable solution. 

Be aware that you can do the same thing if you know how to code JavaScript.  But if you don't want to worry about learning JS then CpExtra provides a simple solution with lots of other features thrown in as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod for your response. I wasn't aware that rollover slidelets weren't compatible with HTML5. I think I'll end up going the CPExtra route, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources