• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scoring in Cornerstone LMS

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. We are working on implementing the Cornerstone LMS in our orgnaization, and we are running into issues with the score displayed on the 'Training Details' page of the user transcript. 

When a user completes a Captivate-built test and fails, and then retakes the test, the score shown is the rounded up pass/fail % requirement.  So if a test requires 75%, or 75 points to pass, and the user gets a 100%/100pts, the score displays as 80%.

I am using Captivate 2019; 11.5.5.553. We have contacted our implementation partner, but they keep stating it is a SCORM setting on our end. I have tested in the SCORM Cloud and it is working correctly there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Score.jpgCap Pref2.jpgCap Pref1.jpg

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Thank you everyone for your help. After a lot of testing, finally determined that the settings that worked for us were (SCORM 2004):

- completion at 100% or number of slides

- Success at Quiz is passed

- Send Tracking Data at End

- Uncheck Send Data on every slide (this was the culprit of this issue); Uncheck Set Exit to Normal; Uncheck Never Send Resume

We determined that a fail followed by a pass was showing in the LMS score as the miminum viable score to meet pass criteria. So, if I had 10 questio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is working correctly in SCORM Cloud, which is the standard for SCORM courses, the problem is with the setup in the LMS, not with Captivate. Did you tell the LMS people that it works fine in SCORM Cloud? 

While waiting for someone who is familiar with Cornerstone, I just want to give a comment: for several LMSs the requirement ot have visited 100% of the slides is not working perfectly at all. There is also a contradiction in the screenshots: you use the SCORM template to send data only at the end, but in the Advanced dialog box you checked 'Send data on every slide'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri!

I did let them know it is working in the SCORM Cloud correctly, hoping I do get a resolution from them. Also, thanks for pointing out the contradiction, I've been trying out any setting I can find, and missed that completely. Going to fix that up and retest, not that I expect a different result, but one can always hope.

I will update if I get a resolution or figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

LMS people always blame the authoring tool, reason why I find the possibility to test in SCORM Cloud brilliant.

Indeed, I neither believe that solving the contradiction will solve the problem, but just wanted to point it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you publish as SCORM 2004, and if so, is this one module in a multi-module course?

I think Cornerstone reports the total score for all modules in the course there for SCORM 2004 in the Score field. Maybe the remaining 20% are to be earned in another module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest changing the Completion Criteria to Quiz is passed, you have it set to 100% of slides viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for your help. After a lot of testing, finally determined that the settings that worked for us were (SCORM 2004):

- completion at 100% or number of slides

- Success at Quiz is passed

- Send Tracking Data at End

- Uncheck Send Data on every slide (this was the culprit of this issue); Uncheck Set Exit to Normal; Uncheck Never Send Resume

We determined that a fail followed by a pass was showing in the LMS score as the miminum viable score to meet pass criteria. So, if I had 10 questions at 10pts each, with a pass score of 75, the miminum viable score to pass that could be achieved was 80, and that is what the user's score would show in the LMS. Removing 'Send Data on Every Slide' fixed this.  Unchecking Quiz is attempted or passed as completion eliminated a 'failed' line in the transcript history that would appear even if the course was passed on the first go round.

In addition, we discovered that once you Complete and Pass a course, no further attempts will be recorded on the transcript, so a user could not 'improve' their score. The CPInfoReview variable did not come through, but we were able to use CPQuizInfoPassFail variable at 1 to recognize that a user had already passed/completed and show a message that they were in review mode. 

Thank you Lilybiri for pointing out the discrepancy that led me to test this! I hope this information can help anyone else building courses in Captivate for Cornerstone LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources