• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM Error Code 201 - What could be causing it?

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings folks,

I'm new to Captivate and to the forums so be gentle with me.

I just got back a report from the team that hosts the LMS that we upload to and they are saying our course is generating an Error Code 201. Now I'm not a Programmer, I'm a Designer, so stuff like this is ususally over my head.

I created a training course in Captivate 7 with 10 quiz questions with remediation on each question. They tell me the course is running fine on their testing server and that it "could" run fine on live, but I'm still worried as this is our first foray into the world of eLearning. In my mind I'd like it to be perfect, but if we can get to "good enough" that would be fine too.

So for all you gurus of Captivate, in your experience, should I worry about this or let the course go live? If I should worry about it, how would I go about fixing it? What should I look for?

Thanks!

Here is the screen shot of the error report they sent me:

Error-Code-201.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first. I am not an LMS expert, so this is not about troubleshooting.

However, to ensure that your course works fine on a SCORM-compliant LMS, you can upload it to cloud.scorm.com and test it out. If the course works fine there, rest assured that it will work fine on any SCORM-compliant LMS. If your LMS team comes back with an issue after this, you can counter them with this evidence that the problem is with the LMS and not your course.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link. That will be a great resource and I'm trying it now.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources