• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen only showing my wallpaper when I try to record a video Demo

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to record a video of my screen to create some content on how to use new software however I have come across a strange issue. No matter what I select to show in the demo (select window, application, set custom screen size), once the video is complete all I can see on the recording is the wallpaper of my computer. I can see the video of me in the corner and my curser moving around the screen but the window I'm working on is gone! When I am recording the video everything looks perfect and is definitely within the red box.

I am using a Macbook if this is helpful. Can anyone offer any advice?

TOPICS
Audio and video , Getting started , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this application you want to record on your system? 

I am a Win user. Please, mention the exact version number you are using as you find under Help, About Captivate. Maybe you are not on the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have version 11.5.4 of Captivate. Our software platform just runs out of a normal browser and I am using Google Chrome. I did also try the full screen setting and that didn't work either so I'm not sure it's the application I'm trying to record that's causing the problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using multiple monitors and have not selected the correct monitor to record?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let everyone know - I had updated the settings on the Mac to give Adobe Captivate permission to control the screen but this didn't take effect until I had shut-down and re-started the program. This is working now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am having the same issue 😞  It only records my wallpaper, sound, and mouse movements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you capture on the primary monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I updated the setttings on the Mac to give Captivate permission to control the screen. Shut down Captivate and also my machine. Restarted both, still not working. I am using a demo copy of Captivate 2019. I am trying to capture local application interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac OS version are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried the solution the original person that posted tried and it worked for me as well.

Update your mac permissions to allow screenrecording. 

Apple > System Preferences > Security & Pricary > click the Privacy tab > find Screen Recording > click lock (bottom-left) to unlock > add checkmark to Adobe.  

You will need to relaunch application. She had to shutdown mac as well but I did not have to.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. This fixed my issue after spending most of my day trying to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources