• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search tool for Captivate project

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add a Search tool to an Adobe Captivate project like the one in the ToC feature but I want the Search to be independant of the ToC. Is this can be possible or a similar alternative. The project is a stand alone and needs to be used offline and online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not currently offer this Search functionality that you want.  Feel free to log an enhancement request with Adobe: https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Rod. Will do. Is there a third party solution? May be a widget that does the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None that I am aware of.

Why do you need this functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a Teacher's Guide and it needs the Search feature to allow searching for a term or keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  Understood.  But if the content is that complicated and difficult to navigate that you need a search function for users then it sounds like you might be better off building it as a website instead using something like SharePoint (if your ogranisation has it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources