Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Exit to Normal (Not Working)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am using Captivate 2019 and have published out to SCORM 2004. Our LMS is Cornerstone. I selected the checkbox to set exit to normal after completion; however, that's not working. It is still bookmarking at the last slide. 

Any ideas on why this isn't working? 

Thanks, 

Kristen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to achieve exactly? What is the link between Exit action and bookmarking? 

If you want no bookmarking by the LMS, you need to use the Advanced button on Quiz Reporting and check the option 'Never Send Resume Data'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a learner completes the course, it moves it into their completed tab in our LMS. If they launch the course again (after completion) I'd like for it to restart at the beginning instead of taking them to the last slide. I want it to bookmark as they are taking the course, so I do not want to turn off "Never Send Resume Data." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue could be due to your own LMS not functioning as expected.  The quick way to find out if this is true is simply to sign up for a free testing account at SCORM Cloud online LMS and upload the same SCORM module there. 

If SCORM Cloud exhibits the same behaviour, then the issue is with your Captivate project. 

If SCORM Cloud does NOT show the same behaviour then the issue is your LMS.

You can determine one way or the other in as little time as it takes to complete your course module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Captivate 2017 and have published to SCORM 2004. I've made sure that "Never Send Resume Data" is un-checked (turned off) because my client wants users to be able to resume where they left off. However, the course starts at the beginning upon closing it out and re-launching. I also have "Set exit to normal after completion" checked (there's no particular reason I have this checked other than wanting users to be able to start from the beginning if they were to relaunch the course after completion; but it's not a client requirement).

My client's LMS is not moving the course from the "Current Learning" page to the "Completed Learning" page (for most users, but not all users) nor is it bookmarking. I've tested the course in SCORM cloud and it shows that I Completed and Passed correctly. Last year when I took the course on my client's LMS, it moved the course to the "Completed" page. This year, it kept it on the "Current" page. I've made no changes to the course! I'm assuming my client's LMS is at fault somehow?

So my questions are:

- If I un-check "Set exit to normal after completion" could that have any impact on bookmarking or the LMS moving the course to the Completed page? (I want to determine if un-checking, republishing, and resubmitting to LMS admins is worth the effort. I'm assuming this feature doesn't impact bookmarking, correct?)

- Is there anything else I can do from my end other than making sure to leave "Never Send Resume Data" unchecked to get bookmarking to work?

- Is there a way to test bookmarking in SCORM cloud or is this feature only handled by a LMS?

I'm pretty new to working with LMSs. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I put my above questions in the wrong area. I posted it to the Discussion forum and Paul Wilson came up with the correct answer (for anyone interested, link below).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/lms-not-bookmarking-or-moving-course-to-complet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources