• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide image with Advanced Action across multiple slide

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a graphical progress indicator and I have created the variable that calculates the number of slides completed, etc. And, I can display the variable. However, when trying to show this graphically, I've created 10 images that represent a range of percentage (5%, 10%, 20%, etc.). I'm using a conditional action to show/hide the images. The problem comes in when duplicating content slides and using the advanced action script. Because those graphic images change names, I'm having to add additional If statements. Is there a better way to do this?

I'm using Captivate 2017.

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to have the object show for the rest of the project.

Select it on the first slide it appears and go to the   Timing Tab

You may also want to check the box for  Always on Top.

It should retain the same name.

Stagprime_0-1592494974809.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have multistate objects in CP2017. Instead of using individual images, put them in a multistate object. Time it for the rest of the project, as StagPrime pointed out. That means that you have the same unique name for that project across all slides. Use the On Enter action to go to the appropriate state based on the value of the variable. Same advanced action can be used on all slides. Have an example of this workflow, but not with numbers, but with a simple progress bar in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/about-state-commands-and-a-progress-bar

It was written with CP2017. 

Is your project linear? If not:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/percentage-progress-indicator-non-linear-course-solution-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn't think about multi-state objects. I'll try it out and thanks for the blog posts as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understand, I have  replaced lot of older Show/Hide workflows by using multistate objects from the moment they were included (CP9 I think). It makes it much easier. I wanted to write another post following on the percentage ones, to offer workflows for such a progress bar, but have so many ideas about blogs and forgot about that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources