Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide level Accessibility is not working

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team, 

I am developing a accessiblity compilant course. Screen reader NVDA is not reading the 'Slide Accessibility' text. I am not sure to understand why it is not reading the text.  I followed the below steps mentioned in the adobe site

Velayutham23207238m26x_0-1651732041674.png 

Velayutham23207238m26x_1-1651732065860.png

Please help me on this request. 

Tahnks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

I cannot suggest any screen reader.  But if you are using Captivate 2019, whichever one you use would need to comply with the Microsoft accessibility standard.  So, ask the people behind the screen reader software which standards they comply with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you note this statement on that Adobe website page:

"Output generated with the Enable Accessibility option is displayed by all supported browsers. However, your output may not be Section 508-compliant unless it is viewed with Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is the only browser with support for MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility)."

Have you verified that NVDA complies with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I have checked in Microsoft edge with NVDA but still I am not able to understand why it is not reading the accessbility text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Edge is not the same as Internet Explorer.

Since Internet Explorer is no longer used in most organisations I can understand why you might choose Edge.  But it's possible that the Accessibility code built into Captivate 2019 HTML5 output is only compatible with MS IE.

Since you are using NVDA I would suggest you should contact them and ask about their product's compatibility with MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility).  It's possible the reason NVDA is not reading the accessibility text is that it does not adhere to the Microsoft standard.  If not, you may not be able to use NVDA with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Sure I will try to contact them. 

Which screen reader tool would you suggest for Captivate 2019? I use Narrator and NVDA currently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot suggest any screen reader.  But if you are using Captivate 2019, whichever one you use would need to comply with the Microsoft accessibility standard.  So, ask the people behind the screen reader software which standards they comply with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources