• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Simulation Alignment Issue on Publish and Preview Captivate 2019 for Windows

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 2019 for Windows, recorded a software simulation demoA portion of my software simulation is misaligned - the highlight box and mouse click actions in the demo appear to be in the correct position on the screen, but move up and appear in a different portion of the screen on preview and after it's published.  It only happened with about 7 slides in the middle of the 100 slide demo. I'm not sure how to fix this without re-recording that portion of the simulation demo.This is the first time this has ever happened, and I have recorded hundreds of software simulations.

I've searched for this issue within the community, but only found something similar posted a couple years ago stating there was no fix. Hoping someone has learned something new to share. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Scalable HTML when you publish?  If so, then this could be the problem.  I have also had issues with hit areas on buttons being misaligned if I published with Scalable HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am publishing with scalable HTML. However, even before publishing, in the preview mode it is also out of alignment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshots to explain? Moreover, since there have been so many releases under the common label CP2019, could you check the full version number under Help, About Captivate? I remember some versions had issues.

Personally although I also created tons of software sims in the past, I rarely use it in Demo mode, since Video Demo (available since version 6) leads to much better quality and has a dedicated non-destructive editor. How do you publish the course, since it has no interactivity whatsover? To MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019  version 11.8.0.586. I've included a couple screen shots below.

1. What it looks like in editing (.cpx) in Captivate (correct position)

2. Pulished version with misalignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the highlight box added manually or using the setup for software sims?

You are using the most recent version, necessary for Win11, M1chip and Monterey. You are not the first to mention problems with that version. The misalignment is very clear.

Preview HTML in Browser will not show as rescalable, so that is probably not the cause. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The highlight box was not added separately. However, in one of the slides I did attempt to add elements (text box) to call out information and lengthen the slide. I removed those elements but it still seems to be corrupted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it is corruption, the misalignment may have to do with resolution (browser and/or when recording) and display resolution.  Adding manual elements is more risky for synchronisation, but the highlights were added during capture. Another reason why I prefer Video Demo, but it only allows to publish to MP4. However I often use it in an interactive video later on, to be published to HTML. Here is an example:

Custom Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources