• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speach management in other language than English

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am interested in using the Speech management feature with other languages. Some I am interested in is Chinese Spanish French and Portuguese. Is this possible. What I mean is using a language like "Chloe" to generate audio in another language. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chloe is the French Canadian voice, and the only voice that comes with Captivate that is non-English. Captivate text-to-speech will not translate your text for you, but if you type your text in French, Chloe will pronounce it with a fairly accurate French accent. For other languages, you may be able to find third-party voices that will integrate with Captivate -- just make sure that the third-party voices comply with your operating systems's speech APIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is helpful to begin understanding. Do you or anybody else have the names of these 3rd party language providers. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what I wrote before, there are actually two non-English voices that come for free with Captivate: Chloe, and there is a Korean voice, Yumi.

NeoSpeech is the company that makes the voices that come with Captivate. They are your best best for smooth compatibility with Captivate. They support 6 languages: Mexican Spanish male voice named 'Francisco', a Chinese female voice 'Hui', a Taiwanese female voice 'Yafang', and a Japanese male voice 'Show'.

No Portuguese as yet, but stay tuned because they are planning to add more non-English voices in the future.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Barbara,

I am seeking a French Canadian Male voice ( the male equivalent of Chloe ). 

Please let me know, thank you! 

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

You seem to have posted onto a thread thats nearly six years old - so you may or may not get a reply from "Barbara". The Captivatre Neo-Speech voices can be a little robotic - certainly at my company they are disliked by the majority!

There are plenty of online "text-to-speech" resources, some are free, some require a payment - it's all really dependent upon how much you want and how often.

TTSFree.com does provide a  "French Canadian Male Voice".

Hope this helps and in future, you should think about posting a new thread 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Astro the Goat,

I appreciate the reply, this helps! 

Merci!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE GOOD NEWS:

The NeoSpeech.com website shows the following voices on their sales inquiry form :

Julie (Female, U. S. English)

Kate (Female, U. S. English)

Ashley (Female, US English)

Paul (Male, U. S. English)

James (Male, U. S. English)

Bridget (Female, British English)

Hugh (Male, British English)

Violeta (Female, Latin American Spanish)

Francisco (Male, Mexican Spanish)

Chloe (Female, Canadian French)

Hui (Female, Mandarin Chinese)

Liang (Male, Mandarin Chinese)

Misaki (Female, Japanese)

Show (Male, Japanese)

Yumi (Female, Korean)

Junwoo (Male, Korean)

The BAD NEWS:

Their website no longer supports the online purchase and download of these voices, it's primary focus appears to be 'TTS-in-the-cloud'

where you need licensed, downloadable, voice files.

Other options may be available via a Google Search.

As of Captivate 5.5, additional voices from Loquendo may not work. There is a restriction that only the shipped voices work. BTW, if you are planning on additional Neospeach voices, check with the vendor if they support Speech API. Only those voices which support Speech API will work with Adobe Captivate.

FYI, NeoSpeech Voices for Cp9 and other Captivate 9 download instructions are here:

Adobe Captivate 9 Direct Download Links: Free Trials with no Akamai | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources