• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Arrow Colors

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the colors of the arrow that is the "play" button to start a captivate project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are talking about the play button that appears when you either uncheck AutoPlay or publish to pdf/html?

One day an Adobe Engineer posted a way to change that arrow for the HTML-output, but will not work for the other situations. Will try to find it.

However you can also create a poster image and try that way to circumvent the 'empty' screen with just that grey button.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to change this arrow...so that the center and or the outline is orange

(yes HTML5 output)

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 6.58.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, cannot find that answer again on the other Captivate forum.

I know perfectly well which arrow you were pointing at, hope that Ashish  Garg, the Adobe engineer who posted that answer, pops in here.

That arrow is to be found in the installation folder of Captivate\HTML\Assets\Playbaricons. Have no time to check it out myself, but if you upload another arrow with the same name, or try to edit that one?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried editing the Play-arrow.png file and now I am getting an error message 😕  i put the old file back but the error still exists and I can't publish anything!Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 10.22.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the name and/or size of the icon when you added it there? If yes, then you need to open the CPLibrary.css file from the \HTML\assets\css folder and change the file specifications there as well. Just search for "Playbar_icon.png" (which is the name of default icon) and make the necessary changes.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...i just edited the colors in a new version (same size, same name) and then tried to put the old one back when my version didn't work... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Mac. So, this is just a guess.

Generally the assets folder is in the Program Files folder, which is the standard installation folder for us. However, in the screenshot I can see that your assets folder in on the desktop. Is that the right folder? Since the message indicates failure to copy your file to this folder, do you have administrative access that folder? Again, this is from the Windows experience where some users will not be permitted to copy/ modify files in the Program Files folder.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is where I was trying to publish the captivate project...to the desktop...so it was like the publish function hit an error when it was publishing the assets folder....

I have tried so far:

-editing the color of the Play button and using the same file name and size in the html folder in captivate

- changing the css to point to a new file (same size, different name)

-after publishing to html5 changing the color of the play.png (this just lead to no arrow being displayed)

Considering now I can't publish at all this is a bit of a problem...i think i may need to uninstall and reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be anxious to hear if somebody successfully changes that arrow...i ended up with my tail between my legs, uninstalling and reinstalling Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources