• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stretch effect causing blurry text and images when published

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The published version in my LMS, there are some slides that have the stretch effect on images and/or text. I has only happened with the stretch effect is used. There have been cases where the image and text are blurry.  This happens for some people and not others. We have checked with our LMS and it is not on their side so it has to be captivate. The captivate file is saved as SCORM 2004 and here are the size and quality settings. I also have the scalable HTML content checked.  Has anyone encounted this or have a solution? 

kristis88485366_3-1631211926389.png

kristis88485366_2-1631211804729.png

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test on SCORM Cloud to see if it is really due to Captivate, not to the LMS? All LSM people try to point to the eLearning tools, but such a test gives you the correct information about where to look for the problem solving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion.  I did run it through SCORM Cloud and not errors appeared.  When we did our testing in our LMS we did not run into that issue and I could not recreated the issue that some people experience.  it has happened in two courses and it only seems to affect the slides with the stretch effect.  We are just trying to pinpoint the source of the error. We do use Chrome as our browser.  Any other suggestions?

kristis88485366_0-1631216178049.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That type or errors makes it very tough. What was special for those learners? Which browser did they use (hopefully not IE)? Anything specific about their systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have some time lined up to do some testing tomorrow to see if it browser window size, zip file size, just load on network at time of taking the course, and to see if we can recreate the issue. Most of our employees that have had the issue are remote so they are not on site.  I just want to reach out to see if there were publishing settings or other things I could try with the captive file before we did more testing. The one constant is the type of effect which is the stretch. This constant made me think captivate and how it was saved or something with that effect in general. The people reporting the error were on Chrome (we can tell from screen shots provided).  We do have other issues with people using IE but not this particular one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't think any settings in Captivate could help, since it happens only for a few users. Same with emphasizing on the type of effect. Stretching is not the only effect which is changing size, what about Assymetrical Zoom? Does it happen with that effect as well, or did you only use one effect embedding size changing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the feedback!  So far we have only been informed that it is happening on the stretch effect.  We do use multiple types of effects in all of our courses and so far only this one is causing an issues that we are aware of right now. We will do some testing with our browser and bandwith with these courses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found out through some testing that if a person changes the size of the window to full size when viewing the course we do not have an issue. So it is a weird glitch that seems to happen to some people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. Weird, indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources