• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Loading... screen -- Forever

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of SCORM 1.2 courses published from Captivate 5 that are getting stuck on the grey Loading.. screen.

What is odd about this is that the course launches fine on initial launch.

If you then close after a couple of pages and relaunch, bookmarking works fine; it opens to the correct page.

If you complete the course and close, The content is marked as completed in the LMS.

IF you then relaunch, it takes you to the final page, which has a button to allow you to retake. That button works correctly and navigates to page 1.

If you then navigate a few pages in, close the course and attempt to relaunch, it always hangs at the Loading... page.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 115 Replies 115
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely enough I published the course today in SCORM 2004, Flash 10, and

it had mixed results. Seemed to work OK on second access after course

completion if the course was opened from the LMS search box albeit a little

adhoc (sometimes worked sometimes didn't) but at first refused to work

properly from the learners records page, then worked intermittently. This

is all very undesireable for a very expensive software package which on the

face of it seems to be incompatible with the majority of LMSs. For good

news however see JPCaptivate post above.

I don't see that the update link in the help menu is of much use either

since every time I use it, I'm told the update server is down. I've never

managed to access it yet.

Lecutas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jayashree.  It's good to hear that a blog post offering this fix is in the works.  But we've had this issue for many months, and there's been a fix available (on personal request) for several weeks.  A blog post takes a matter of hours to write.  Given the critical nature of this issue, I would have expected it to receive VERY high priority.

Both Adobe and Captivate's good reputations have suffered greatly due to this issue not being fixed promptly. May I respectfully suggest that in future a faster response is merited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Rod, I will pass on the messge to the Tech Support team. I agree that our response could have been faster on this issue.

-Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jayashree

Sorry to press you on this but our course has gone live onto the Kallidus LMS and students are experiencing the problems above.  This is potentially damaging to our reputation and we are considering withdrawing the course from the LMS.  This is the first time we have used Captivate and was very expensive to purchase.  But if we cannot get the product to do what it claims it can do it is a wasted purchase.  I cannot for the life of me understand why Adobe seems so unwilling to assist us, they have been aware of this issue for some considerable time.  We are seriously considering moving over to Articulate and dispensing with Adobe products completely; can you please give us long suffering loyal Adobe users a definite answer as to when we can expect a fix?  Reputations are at risk here and not just Adobe's.

Lecutas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lecutas

I have sent you a private email. I cannot believe how slow Adobe have been releasing the blog/hotfix for this issue.

Loraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Loraine

I have replied separately. Adobe really need to pull their finger out I

agree.

Lecutas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Loraine, further to our private discussion things are looking up.

Lecutas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let me know if you have not got the hotfix already.

-Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jayashree, know I have not got it yet.  Where can I find it?

Lecutas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me your email id please.

-Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jayashree

Do you mean my email address?  If so you already have it but it is joedey@blueyonder.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jayashree

Thank you for sending me the hotfix.

Here is my feedback:  The original size of the original CPSwf9Template.dll is 3946 KB.  The size of the hotfix CPSwf9Template.txt (renamed .dll) you sent to me was 1843 KB.

Having followed your instructions to the letter this is what happened next.  I reloaded the project, saved it, attempted to publish it and Captivate reported an error, crashed and closed. On repeated attempts this happened every time.  On replacing the hotfix with the original .dll Captivate resumed normal functions and continued with the onload freezing issue described by the masses above. Should the filesize of the hotfix be that much smaller than the original file or do you think you sent me the wrong file?

-Lecutas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using Captivate 5 or 5.5?

-Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the hotfix!!! I've sent you a private message. 

dianellys_juarbe@clcpr.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused. We have released a KB article with hotfix for this issue for both Captivate 5 and Captivate 5.5.

Check out this link - http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/projects-published-captivate-5-lms.html

Thanks,

Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jayashree, would it be possible to provide a little more background information about this issue so that we can better understand what caused it? We know it involves Resume Data Bookmarking, but I for one would like to see some information that helps to explain why this was causing the loading to stall with some LMSs and not others.

We've waited a long time to get this patch, and the issue has caused significant pain for many users.  I feel the least we deserve is a bit more explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly agree with Rod. A more detailed explanations on the cause of the error should be posted too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jayashree. Looks like the link for the v5 fix doesn't work on that page: http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/projects-published-captivate-5-lms.html

I can get the 5.5. fix, but that doesn't help me since I have v5.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are looking into this. Meanwhile, Mohini, Tech Support Manager, can send you the hotfix for Captivate 5.

Thanks,

Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any reason why I can't download the dll? I've tried for two days now and the download always fails. It's bad enough this issue has delayed our project for over a week, now we can't even get the "fix". Continual problems like this from Adobe are why we're dropping Connect soon and will not be upgrading any of our Adobe products (tired of paying for a new set of bugs). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I notice it was reported in April that the download link for Captivate 5 was not working. Considering this is a critical fix, I think it is a little ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed in 8 months and people have to post their emails in an open forum (opening them to spambots) in order to get it. Please fix your website or let me know how I can get this patch without posting my email here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hate to bump this so soon but currently our content is useless. For the sake of expediency, since I doubt Adobe will bother actually fixing their site so users can download the fix for their broken software, if someone could email the proper file to adobesucks@outlook.com it would be fabulous, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I really need to try this "hotfix" I took a closer look at the two URLs listed here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/projects-published-captivate-5-lms.html

I realized that the broken one for Captivate 5 SHOULD BE:

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/929/cpsid_92936/attachments/CPSwf9Template.dll

Even a large company like Adobe should be able to get this link fixed in a day or so and not force their users to try and figure it out after months of "looking into it". I only bother to post this in the hopes that it helps someone else save days of wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was able to temporarily fix the problem.  Since the problem was happening when some users and other dont.  Our LMS Support Staff sent us a few steps to solve the problem, individually per user.   Everytime a project stucks on loading screens on my LMS, which is Oracle/Taleo/Learn.com,  I have to Reset the Tracking Data...and the problem is gone.  These are the steps I use, I don't know if it works like this for other LMS....

Launch the course but DON’T “click here to launch the course” yet.

In the Address Bar, add the following and hit enter:         &debug=1

Click to launch the course.   You will see any extra frame load at the top.

For API Call, enter: cmi.suspend_data

For Data Value, leave it blank.

Click  LMSSetValue.

Click Submit Query.

Do the same thing for cmi.core.lesson_location.

For API Call, enter: cmi.core.lesson_location

For Data Value, leave it blank.

Click  LMSSetValue.

Click Submit Query.

Click LMSFinish. (usualmente se cierra automaticamente la ventana y entonces omites lo de submit Query.

Click Submit Query and close the course window.

Exit completely out of the course player (or remove “&debug=1” from the address bar and hit enter).

Relaunch the course, it should now open correctly.

**If someone has learn.com and have this same problem I can send you the document with the steps and print screens.

***** Since this problems affects  the service we are bringing to our users, we opted to change from Captivate to Articulate Studio 09 Pro.  The best change we have made... Extremely easy and it doesnt have the loading problem.  Also, it download fast from the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think our issue is with captivate. I think we've resolved with how we configure scorm as I outlined. Glad to hear presentor is reliable. Will have to try it.

Pardon my brevity. Sent from my Blackberry, Ted McKenna

BIOTRONIK Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources