• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Loading... screen -- Forever

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of SCORM 1.2 courses published from Captivate 5 that are getting stuck on the grey Loading.. screen.

What is odd about this is that the course launches fine on initial launch.

If you then close after a couple of pages and relaunch, bookmarking works fine; it opens to the correct page.

If you complete the course and close, The content is marked as completed in the LMS.

IF you then relaunch, it takes you to the final page, which has a button to allow you to retake. That button works correctly and navigates to page 1.

If you then navigate a few pages in, close the course and attempt to relaunch, it always hangs at the Loading... page.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 115 Replies 115
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I am also having this issue. I have taken the patch and reposted 2 of the 13 courses that are experiencing this problem. Each one hangs on the loading screen if the user fails the quiz. The quiz is set to 3 attempts in one case and infinite attempts in another example. All stick on loading when the user fails. Please help! The learners are getting restless over here!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me in SkillSoft LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a phone conference with SkillSoft tomorrow on this.  The course plays fine in other LMSs.  We have had some success by changing some settings.  The course will play and bookmark allowing participants to complete the course once and reopen it once. Settings we are using:

Settings we are using:

Publish in Flash 9

Allow Self Paced Learning on the table of contents (assuming you are using a table of contents)

Scorm 1.2 complete the manifest and only SendTrakingDataatEnd

If there are any other setting I am missing or other ideas please let me know.  I will try anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply and very interested to hear what you learn from SkillSoft.  More infomation about how I am publishing my courses:

• Captivate version 5.0.2.630
  • Publishing to Flash Player V10
  • Allowing self-paced learning in TOC
  • SCORM 1.2 Reporting enabled
  • Report to LMS as: Score
  • Report Data: Quiz Results Only
  • Reporting Level: Interactions and Score
  • Pass/fail options: 80% score required to pass
  • If failing grade, allow user 3 attempts to pass course

Hope this helps define a pattern.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've republished one course it appears to be working for me now. Here are the settings I ended up using for GEO LMS:

SCORM 2004, send tracking data at end

Report Status: Complete/Incomplete

Report to LMS: Percent

Choose Report Data: Slide Views Only 70%

Reporting Level: Interactions and Score

Quiz Attempts 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the response from SkillSoft... Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve?

THANKS

Hi Rob

I wanted to provide some additional information regarding the loading issue with your Captivate 5 course.  I don’t have the contact information for others on the call yesterday, so can you pass this on as appropriate?

We have been able to consistently replicate this behavior (both on SkillPort and within at least 2 other LMSs) by completing the quiz and moving to the final page of the course, then selecting a page with content from earlier in the course, and closing the course.  You are then not able to relaunch the course.

To help investigate why this may be happening, we installed the Adobe Flash debugger, and again attempted to launch the course.  If you do this, you will see the following error in the Flash console:

This shows that the flash file has an untrapped error in the ActionScript 3 code relative to the QuizController and dumps this untrapped error. The java console shows that the course initialized the LMS and all LMS communications are working fine but the course cannot move forward to a start location with the unhandled error. If we are able to replicate the data stored by that user in a new account on a different LMS it will behave in the same manner as is failing with a SCORM 1.2 conformant initialization.

We have seen this with other courses from clients all with Captivate 5 and ActionScript 3 rather than earlier versions in ActionScript2. We have only seen this problem with Captivate 5. The problem is with either an authoring option or bug in the toolset but either way this should be taken to Adobe support for action to resolve. 

Regards,

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to get a response from someone at Adobe.  A Google search indicates that the 'loading..' problem when returning to a course is a fairly common problem.

Does anyone know if upgrading to 5.5 fixes this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Captivate 5.5 and are having the same problem.

I would like to see a response from Adobe as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community.

If you are thinking that by posting here it will have any effect on Adobe, you are wrong. These are user to user forums. Sure, Adobe folks pop in and answer questions from time to time, but if you really want them to hear you, you need to broadcast on the channel they listen to. That channel is called the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form. Link to the form is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for verifying that this issue persistes in Captivate 5.5.  I posted a bug to Adobe last week and am in the process of sending them info, etc.  I would advise that other post a bug as well per Captiv8ter's instructions.  Hopefully this will get some attention.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an ugly workaround for this bug in Skillsoft.  You need to set a course expiration date in the LMS (In my case, I set the course to expire after 1 day).  When users reenter the course beyond the expiration period, they are greeted with a small popup that asks if they would like to 'continue' or 'restart' the course.

• If they have not previously completed the course, and press 'continue' - the course will load normally, and resume with their progress intact
  • If they previously completed the course, and press 'continue' - the course will stick on the load screen ... forever ... still ...
  • If they previously completed the course, and press 'restart' - their session will be reset and the course will load normally (however, this will erase any progress in the course)

There are several limitaions to this workaround:

• This will not work if the learner completes the course, then attempts to reenter it prior to the expiration period (the dialog box does not appear, as the LMS assumes that the person is 'continuing' the course)
  • After completing the course, the learner may click 'continue' in the dialog box, which would still result in a hang
  • The learner's progress is erased whenever they click the 'restart' button

In summary:  This 'fix' allows learners to review course materials after completing a course, but their progress will be reset.

In my organization, our learner's have proven challenged by the language in the popup box, so buyer beware is you are going to use this fix.  You cannot change the language in the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to note that you are facing issues with Captivate.

I would liek to give you a hotfix for thsi issue so that you can check and let us know whether that fixes your problem.

Pls. send me your email id at jpandeya@adobe.com

Thanks,

Jayashree

Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jayashree,

I would be interested in testing the hotfix for you too if that is at all possible?

thanks

Loraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Pls. send me your email id.

Thanks,

Jayashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jayashree,

Could you send me the hotfix as well?

I have the same issue as stated in the original post.   I am using Captivate 5.5 and my LMS is Taleo/Learn.com .  My course is published with SCORM 1.2. and this happens to me too: " If you then navigate a few pages in, close the course and attempt to relaunch, it always hangs at the Loading... page" .

Thanks!

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls. send me your email id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loraine,

Can you please update the thread once you've had a chance to test the hotfix?  Would like to hear if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue and the course was built in Captivate 5.5. This thread has been very useful to me in highlighting that this only occurs if a user fails the quiz and then retakes the module. If a user passes then they are able to reload successfully.

Update: Correction, it is also happening if a user passes the quiz also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to determine if the fix works.  I have Captivate 5, and the fix is designed only for version 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

The hotfix for this issues appears to work really well!    I am using Captivate 5.5. Once the hotfix is installed, your Captivate projects need to be re-published, and then re-uploaded to the LMS and then it works fine. We've tested lots of combinations of passing or failing and then resuming the course, and there is now no problem of the screen stuck on loading, it loads up fine and resumes from the correct place.

Thank you for Jayashree for giving me the opportunity to test the hotfix. I hope this solves the problem for others on here too.

many thanks,

Loraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had several issues in getting my simple Security Awareness Course to work just as I had it working on our Intranet, to work effectively within Skillport LMS.

A combination of Adobe Captivate (I have 5.5) and Skillsoft unwillingless to offer suggestions.

One of the isues was this Loading ... Screen thing. Maybe the hotfix is now the answer, but I didn't have that back in December but by trial and error and a lot of wasted time I resolved it.

What I found was that it was a widget. I had included a "Next" widget on all of my slides - 70 slides. When I tested a different project without the widget - no problem.

So I deleted all the widgets (or so I thought) and republished the original course. Still the same problem. eventually after a lot of effort I found 1 remaining widget behind a text box - removed it and all good.

My course is finally published to the Skillport LMS but only at the expense of changing content as well as the Captivate project - and a lot of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've emailed jpandeya@adobe.com however, I have no idea when I will receive a response. Why isn't this hotfix available for download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as stated in the original post. 

I am using Captivate 5 and my LMS is Taleo/Learn.com .  My course is published with SCORM 1.2. and this happens to me too

" If you then navigate a few pages in, close the course and attempt to relaunch, it always hangs at the Loading... page" .

Is there a hotfix for Captivate 5? Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I received a hotfix for version 5 that did not work. I wanted to let you know that I was able to resolve this issue by using the SCORM 2004 API rather than the SCORM 1.2 API.  If your LMS supports SCORM 2004, give this a try.

To use the SCORM 2004 API:

• Open Publish Preferences > Quiz > Reporting
  • Click Enable Reporting box
  • Select Standard: SCORM
  • Click the Manifest button
  • Select Scorm Version: SCORM 2004

Keep in mind that much of the SCORM communication is different between versions 1.2 and 2004.  If you are using a custom publish template, or have modified your standard.js file, you may need to make modification to these files for them to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best practives that our LMS support from Taleo/Learns recommends that we use   Scorm 1.2.

Whats the difference between 1.2 and 2004?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources