Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SumTotal reporting Complete when quiz is failed

Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 3 and trying to publish to SumTotal 8.2. The quiz has three pools with 10 random questions. I take the quiz and fail it. At the results screen SumTotal displays the "you've completed the course" message and marks the course as complete. I want it to mark it incomplete if the quiz is failed. I've done a ton of research and tried every fix I've found with no success. I've tried both SCORM 1.2 and 2004 with no luck. I've tried setting the quiz to 0 and letting SumTotal control passing score. I'm at a total loss and need some help fast.

Thanks,

Danny

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Hello,

Reporting to the LMS is either Complete/Incomplete or Pass/Fail. So if you choose the first option, it is normal that the assessment will be claimed to be Complete if the user has answered all the questions. If you want a signal when failing, you'll have to choose the Pass/Fail recording.

BTW, how many attempts did you allow?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Reporting to the LMS is either Complete/Incomplete or Pass/Fail. So if you choose the first option, it is normal that the assessment will be claimed to be Complete if the user has answered all the questions. If you want a signal when failing, you'll have to choose the Pass/Fail recording.

BTW, how many attempts did you allow?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help! I kept reading to set Captivate to Complete/Incomplete. I changed it to Pass/Fail and now it works! The only behavior now is that SumTotal gives you the completed message when you pass the quiz. I can accept that.

Thanks again,

Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources