• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

survey help needed - how to use advance action to go to specific question

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a survey and have about six survey question slides set up.  I need help setting up an action where depending on answer that is given it goes to a specific survey question #. 

for example question #1 is a yes/no answer.  What setup do I need to do exactly where if someone selects "yes" in question #1 it goes to question #2.    If someone selects "no" it will then go to question #3 instead.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Please, just use one decision:

IF cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice is equal to 1

Jump to slide 4

ELSE

Jump to slide 5

You definitely need some training on advanced actions, sorry to tell you. Why use two decisions? 

It also helps a lot if you label your slides with a significant name instead of using the generic names.

BTW I knew you set up the questions as survey. That was the reason I pointed to that blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about default quiz slides set up as 'Survey' or did you use the specific Survey slides, based on the Likert master slide? From your description I think it is the first scenario.

It is possible to use the value of the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice for that purpose. You'll need shared or advanced actions to be triggered by the Success event of the question slide. I used that system variable in an example created for a webinar about conversion from SWF to HTML. Have a look:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/using-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-for-survey-conversion-from-swf-to-html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are my survey questions in order how I have them in Captivate, tried to take screenshots. 

1st image is the first survey question they see and have to answer "Yes" or "No".   (I made each question as a survey response, is that correct when I set it up?):

captivate1.png

Second image (is where I want them to go next if they say "Yes")  basically the next survey question slide #2 so I dont think any advanced action is needed.

captivate2.png

third image is where I want them to go to if they say "No", I believe this is the one where advanced action is needed because I want to skip over survey question #2 and go to survery question #3.  But I cant get it to work:

captivate3.png

Below is the advanced action that is set up but its not working:

captivate4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To which event did you link that conditional action please? You didn't specify this. As I told before I would use the Success action of the first survey slide to do so.

Did you read the blog? I don't think so, because you used the wrong value to check the system variable. This is a copy from the T/F explanation in the blog:

TFAnswerChoice.PNG

Please take some time to read that blog post, it has all the info you need, and has taken quite a lot of my 'free' hours to compose. You cannot use True/False.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to create an event, all I did was in slide 3 I click on the Quiz section and under Actions (After Survey) I selected Execute Advanced Actions.  I changed the value to 1 after reading your blog.captivate5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used the Success event. Look at the screenshot of the Advanced Interaction panel in the blog post: all action were attached to the Success event for the Survey slides. If you need more events you would have to use JS but in your case you have the available events are sufficient.  Terminology seems to be a problem.

https://blog.lilybiri.com/available-events-in-adobe-captivate-2019

What is the ELSE part of that action? Bit dangerous to have a conditional action which has only one decision exclusively with a THEN part. Even if the ELSE part is only 'Go to Next Slide', it is necessary.

I now see that you didn't use a T/F question but a muliple choice question in this example. Why? In that case the correct excerpt of the blog post is:

AnswerChoiceMCQ.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the Advanced Action to two parts, If Yes and If No headers.  Is that not the right way to do it, still didnt work:

captivate5.png

captivate6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to mention this is also a survey.  both Yes and No answers are correct, just one of the two needs to be selected and depending on which answer it goes to the next survey question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, just use one decision:

IF cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice is equal to 1

Jump to slide 4

ELSE

Jump to slide 5

You definitely need some training on advanced actions, sorry to tell you. Why use two decisions? 

It also helps a lot if you label your slides with a significant name instead of using the generic names.

BTW I knew you set up the questions as survey. That was the reason I pointed to that blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it working, THANK YOU!!!  Going to put this one as a test now in LMS (I am used to Scorming working with Lectora)

now end results will those be within LMS or after an individual completes a survey do I need to go back into adobe catpivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Results will be in the LMS, Captivate is just the authoring tool.

Please mark at least one answer that was helpful as 'correct' answer for the sake of future users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it within our LMS, took the survey with all marked Yes for the initial two slides, than entered some board credentials and attestated on the last slide.  Saw the survey question results in excel format within our LMS Scorm Results report.  

But when I tried to answer No, No for the first two slides and finished the rest of the survey.  LMS marked it as complete but I did not see any output excel results to the survey questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonder if my settings below need to be tweaked.  I do have it set to SCORM 2004

Snag_391906dc.png

Snag_391913fc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops! You don't have a quiz at all, you only have survey slides. 

Check the Advanced Interaction panel: in the top you'll see that the Total Points is equal to 0.

You cannot use a passing score as criterion in that case. Two possibilities: use Slide views or create a 'quiz'. The last scenario works in all LMSs, the first one needs some trial and test.

To create a quiz add a score to a button at the end of the course, a button which each learner needs to click. Think about an Exit button as an example. Add a score of 20 points in the Reporting section of the Properties panel of the button. You can then set the quiz passing percentage to 100%.

Slide views can be trickier, especially if you set them at 100%, because it depends on the LMS to evaluate that criterion correctly. Moreover you have to be sure that the learner is visiting all slides, which is not the case for you. You'll need to estimate the correct percentage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources