• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG artwork form Illustrator not displaying in Captivate 2017

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm running Captivate 2017, on a Mac, and if I import a SVG Graphic from Illustrator, I just get a blank square ? I can view the SVN fine in a browser and Captivate does not display any error ?

Is there any other way of importing Vector artwork into Captivate ? it does not seem to support ai, eps etc?

Also if I click the button to "Edit SVG" then the thumbnail displays ok and it open's in Illustrator.

I have tried "Converting to outlines" and using presentation export options in illustrator. 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 15.47.33

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Hi

Turns out it was a run time error with Captivate, closing Captivate and restarting seems to have fixed the issue, maybe Captivate had simply run out of graphics memory ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking off Fit to Bounding box. I sometimes find that that corrects the image on your stage.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, I have tried turning on/off "Fit to Bounding box" and adjusting the Size from Custom to Original and Fit to Stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were the settings when creating the SVG in Illustrator, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Please see attached screen grab. - I have tried swapping between SVG profiles, and CSS Properties.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 18.01.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out 'Slicing Data' and 'Responsive' in the settings, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, Thanks for the help, I just gave that a try and i'm still only seeing a blank square in Captivate.

It's rather odd as when you press the button in Captivate with the name of the graphic on under Style and Options, the little thumbnail displays ok, it just does not display in the workspace ?

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 19.49.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to find a reason for the problems. Did you try to resize the bounding box? Do you see the SVG in the Library, and how is the preview looking in that Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preview is fine in the Library - no resize, if you drag and drop from the library the same thing happens.

Maybe I wil install Captivate on My PC tomorrow, and see if it's a Mac issue ?

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 20.47.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows, not on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Turns out it was a run time error with Captivate, closing Captivate and restarting seems to have fixed the issue, maybe Captivate had simply run out of graphics memory ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SVG problem is an old chestnut.

I have a project with three simple SVGs on the same slide.

Whenever I work on the project any one of those three will be 'invisible'. Its just random which one it will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds about right ;-( 

Adobe please do some work on the Vector intergration of this package, importing artwork from Illustrator should be a seamless process ?, SVG and vector artwork are the way forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree and I have logged feature requests to improve the integration of SVG's, like being able to insert them in shapes, and have an easier roundtripping with AI. Did you log feature requests, which is the way to reach the Adobe team. This is a user forum, peer to peer, not the right channel to log bugs and requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this was covered or helps but I find that using artboards in AI when exporting svg's solves a lot of issues. In the SVG code it creates a bunch of white space around it otherwise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources